Man in the Moon

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Rubyslipper

Man in the Moon

Post by Rubyslipper »

If you get a chance tonight and it is clear out, take a look at the moon. If you aren't able to tonight, do it tomorrow night. Look for a long time and listen hard. I sent good thoughts out tonight to ALL my friends now and the ones I will have in the future on this board. Tomorrow will be a tough one for me (surgery after all) but when I went out a few minutes ago, the moon was up and almost full. It is beautiful tonight and my thoughts were of all of you. How wonderful to have come to know so many of you and hold you so close to my heart. There are new people coming every day for help and support. Some find what they need and go, others stay to become family. What a rich tapestry we have woven, with so many different types and colors of thread. When we get a little thread-bare, someone is always there to fill in and make us whole again. For anyone new here, the moon has become our connection to each other. For no matter how far apart we are, the moon shines on us all and sends love and caring to those who need it. WAM, if you read this, please don't think I'm too sappy. I have wonderful friends here and you're one of them too--so there! Howling at the moon tonight (because there sure won't be much sleep!) Ruby
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

Well, I guess I missed something, but Thank God I did not miss this.
I love you and I treasure your heart, your laugh, and your warmth of friendship.
Please know that yes, I did see the moon and it was stunning, it won't be our last Ruby.
Come home to us safely, well and healthy.
My love and prayers, and thoughts are with you.
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

My dear, what surgery??? Talk about missing something!

I hope all goes well, Ruby. You know you won't be alone.

FYI, Beth called today. Looks like it's San Antonio here I come :-). Thanks for putting in your two cents along the way.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ctravel12

man in the moon

Post by ctravel12 »

Ruby did not know you were going to have surgery. Please let us know how it went and will keep you in my prayers. I am so glad that you are family. Love ya lots.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Thanks to all my "moonie" friends! The surgery is somewhere between major and minor so I hadn't said anything before but the moon just brought it out and I knew I had to share. Ann, YEAH!!!! I might be in trouble with Beth now but can't wait to see and hear you. Remember, if I can to anything to help let me know. I'll at least be a friendly face. Love you all and will let you know how things went as soon as I can. My 'puter is upstairs and the doctor may not let me do stairs for awhile. But Mr Moon will keep me company with all your warm thoughts. Gotta get ready to head to the hospital (just overnight hopefully). Thanks for your love. Ruby
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You won't be in trouble with Beth! I didn't say anything about you. . . She said that someone else had emailed me months ago. I never received it. Apparently they have never found the expert - but you probably know all this.

I hope the surgery is perfect - does the job, makes things better, and you're out of there quickly.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Ruby! Surgery?????

Honey, I was at the Haunted Happenings Parade last night watching Kathleen march with the band and I saw that moon....

EVERYONE of you came to my mind and just how much i love you ALL....

Please take care and keep us posted!!!!

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Dear Ruby, Know my prayers and thoughts are with you GOD BLESS oh yeah what a moon see you all looking back at me !~~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Does anybody know how Ruby's surgery went?

My computer crashed and I haven't been able to get on here. I'm on my daughters right now.
Somebody let me know. If anyone who has my phone number can call me and let me know that would be great because I will be unable to get back here as regular as ....regular. You can call me this weekend, I'll be up til at least 1 am on sat. and sun so don't think it's too late.

Ruby, if you're reading this, I already know you're sappy but I like you anyway.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

The surgery went fine, thanks to all of you for caring! I'm sore and worn-out but otherwise okay. Finally realized JUST what going through surgery with RLS is like. Had my meds and took them in plenty of time but I was practically dancing in that hospital bed. I had told the doctor about this possibly being a problem and he had the meds written up if I needed them. Oxycodone. Yep, slept like a baby as soon as it took affect. I know better than to take it for more than I have to. I have super-strength Tylenol for the pain and that's pretty well taking care of it so don't need the hard stuff right now. I may have over-done things a little today so we'll see how tonight goes. At least I have permission to do stairs so I can let everyone know how I am. Can't drive for a week. Hubby is playing nice and won't let me do very much. I'm soooo sleepy and tired. But really glad it's over with. Now for the healing to get done. Love to all, Ruby

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Wonderful to hear that all went well. Hope you keep sleeping like a baby.

Managing Your RLS

becat

Post by becat »

I'm so glad to hear it Ruby. The moon stayed as bright and shining as it could be. I'm thinking it was just for you.
I also hope this means you have a couple of days off to recover and rest. My heart iswith you and than you for letting us now.
Love hugs and the moon
Lynne
Last edited by becat on Mon Oct 09, 2006 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

ctravel12

man in the moon

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Ruby, what wonderful news. God certainly is watching over you. Thanks for letting us all know. Take advantage of hubby doing things for you lol
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I'm so glad everything is ok Ruby...sleep....NOW she'll sleeeeeeeeeeeep! :-) Love you!
Beware the Penguin

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Ruby----

I always worry about what people think of me (I'll never get over that Lynne!), but I wanted everyone to know that I called you last night. Not because I'm so wonderful (haha), but because I don't want anyone to think that I don't care about what happens to others.

Ruby, I'm so glad everything turned out okay and I hope you listen to your hubby and rest, rest, rest. I've been doing too much---I guess trying to prove something to myself---not good!

So, YOU be a good girl and take care of yourself. Kiss that little granddaughter when you see her (for me) and take care of yourself!!!!!!!

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.