SHHHHHHHHHH

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ctravel12

SHHHHHHHHHH

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey Wam I meant to say hello to you too. I got so excited about this meeting, I almost forgot to cook dinner lol. I hope that we can all get a date set soon. I am really looking forward to it.

Hey Lynne the news was talking about tornadoes in Dallas, I hope all is well with you and your family. Keep us posted. Those things scare the p--out of me.

Love ya all.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Heya Lynne...ixnay on the epay eengray. MAN was that a huge spider that just ran across my floor and up into the wall. whew. It scared the crap out of me. And we don't even have the spiders that Charlene has over in Arizony. But this one shoulda been on a leash. It'll wait till three AM when I wake up to use the bathroom, then come back out and scare the bejeezers out of me again. When I was a kid, we were camping in Kentucky. I'm running back up to the camper from the lake wanting to tell my Dad something so I decide to veer off the path and cut through trees. I'm thrilled to death to be out in the wilderness, fishing and all that stuff, just happy to be alive running like crazy and next thing you know I see it right in front of my nose. And it's TOO late to stop. BIG circular spider web stretched between two trees and a huge brown furry long legg-ed creeping spindly fanged creature in the middle and I run right into it. WAM! Oh Jesus help me. I don't know where he is but I know he's ON ME somewhere. So I start spinning wildly, spinning and spinning and next thing I know and I swear this is the truth, this deadly poisonous monster is two or three feet in front of me, hanging on to a strand of the web that is attached to my face, crawling towards me as I try and centrifugal-force him off of me and back into the dark forest where he belongs. Finally I grab the strand with my hand and smack the spider up against another tree and take off running, out of the depths of Hell. Lemme tell ya, it was a life changing experience. To THIS DAY I have a fear of spiders and if I'm anywhere near trees and have to go through them I go slowly and I take something long to wave in front of me to knock the creatures out of my way. Especially at night. I'm getting the creeps thinking about it and I'll have a dream about spiders tonight.

So Jan. What kind of pictures do you have?

becat

Post by becat »

Omgosh and to RLS to boot.......you just gave everyone that will sleep some awful dreams... LOL
I had a spider in my old house that was so large I had to fight to end his poor life. When I went to put him in the trash his legs were so large I could feel every one of them moving. Ewwwwwwww it was gross. Webs are the worst Wam. You poor thing. LOL

Yes, Jan what pictures LOL....she has pretty ones.

Charlene we are fine here where I am. Lots of Blessed rain, but a tad bit scary getting it. High winds, lots of lighting. Better yet, we had a dinner to attend tonight, when we got home I was standing in the garage trying to talk the dog into his nightly business.....the neighbors caty corner to us have a really large tree that has grown into the electric wires....I kept watching this light and thought that plane is going no where. Hmmm No plane the electric wire was sparking in this tree and sending down embers with it.
The power company here is in serious need of help, some people have had the lines come down on their houses tonight. So this one will be down the list to fix rightly so. Thankfully everything is wet.
I tried to call the neighbor, no luck.....so I had to call 911. Fire Dept (great guys) came out and looked at it, but can't do a thing. I'm not thrilled but the aren't electric workers. They said to keep an eye on it.
Yeah ok, :shock:
Poor neighbor, she had no idea what was going on. LOL
It is cool to watch, if it were somewhere else.
Yeah for the water God bless those in the tornado paths. It was pretty wild this afternoon.
BTW, I had to sit through dinner looking out a huge picture window and act calm. OMGosh this weather makes me want to hide. I pulled it off ok though. LOL
Hugs and a moon full of love to ya.
Lynne

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

WAM Pictures of my daughter Stacy's wedding last weekend. LOL

Lynne, I was wondering about you weather..... Glad you didn't see any of those "hangy down things"..... This weather scares me to death, too!!! We'd be a pair, wouldn't we? hahaha

I don't like spiders, either. BUT, what scares me absolutely to death are MICE! They are the epitome of EVIL, as far as I'm concerned.

And, bats! They are just flying mice. And, those stupid FLYING MONKEYS!

Well, I've shared enough of my brilliance for one night.

Have a good one, ya'll... Lynne, stay safe, honey.

Love ya all

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ctravel12

SHHHHHHHHHH

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi WAM I just love reading your posts. Thanks for the descriptive of the spiders (which I loathe) that is why we have our place sprayed once a month for bugs and that is including those yucky spiders. I will probably go to bed tonight and look under the sheets, bed and whatever I can think of :lol: :lol: :lol: I hope that I do not have to get up and go to the bathroom tonight. Guess what I will be thinking about - you got it.

Lynne, I am glad that you are doing good. The lightning is scarey enough. I am not a very brave person. Now imagine I am an adult (I think) and when there is lightning (if I am in bed I throw the sheets and blankets over my head) I know that dh thinks that I have gone bonkers. Oh Lynne the legs on that spiders YIKES.

Everyone have a great night and sleep good.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

We had an exchange student live with us for awhile. Remeber that was a long time ago and things have changed but at thiat time we dialed "0" and asked for an overseas operator then gave her the number. Now I bet you just dial the complete number and it would go through. I think there is something in the front of the phone book about dialing overseas. But since I don't have an overseas number to dial YET, I should have time to check it out. Funny coincidence Wam, I was in Lowe's this week-end. We were at friends and were trying to pick out a color for a wall in their living room. Stan didn't like any color we mentioned (because he didn't want to paint) then jokingly said he liked the color of my socks. If he had that color he might paint it. So his wife and I went to Lowe's and I found a paint sample the EXACT color of my socks. You should have seen his face!! Actually I liked the color well enough that I think we're going to paint our bathroom that color. As for St. Louis, that's a great place to meet. My only time free in June is the week-end of the 23 or 30 and those are iffy so we'd have to decide soon. Otherwise, its wait until fall. So let's get a decision made. What's it gonna be guys?
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Okay, so if you just read the above post you are probably wondering, "Where was Ruby for the past page?" That's be cause Ruby MISSED the entire last page until she posted and realized that while she was still talking colors, everyone else had moved on to spider, mice and tornados. By the way, snakes are what scare me to death. So once again, I'm bringing up the rear. Sorry! :oops:
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

SHHHHHHHHHH

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Rubyslipper The dates of June 23 and 30th is fine. So when we hear from the group then we can make plans. Hubby and I will be driving as he will drop me off and go see his friend in Ill.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Re: SHHHHHHHHHH

Post by Hos »

Walking After Midnight wrote:Seems to be kinda quiet around here lately.
Is it just me? I don't know. I don't read the technical posts because I just get lost. But don't it seem like everyone's going a different direction and when someone posts it's all business and no personality?
What's everyone doing?

So lets hear it everybody. Check in.

Hey WAM, good idea for a thread. I admit that my RLS is doing quite well lately since I finally listened to becat and I'm seeing Dr. Becker in Dallas. A simply amazing man and my RLS guru. 8) Although between a neighbor's barking dog, another neighbor practicing to be the next big Metellica drummer, and another neighbor who basses in his car all the time (thinking about buying him an iPod so he doesn't need to "share" his gangsta rap), half the time I still can't sleep too well. But I am very happy that Dr. Becker titrated my Neurontin down to zero and my Xanax down to .25 mg. I was on 1500 mg. Neurontin and 1.25 Xanax and had "dead-head" the next day. I'm back to Mirapex at the moment.

In other Hos News... ... ... my family is doing great, after a long drought of unemployment I'm loving my job at a hospital as a Patient Advocate for 8 months now. (Lots of sue-happy people out there although some staff don't help matters...)

There was a hail storm last week and both our cars were hit. Result? 2 checks = over $3,000.00 from car insurance. A round of drinks anyone? I'm buying! :)

Life is good. God is Great. Take care all.

becat wrote:Yeah for the water God bless those in the tornado paths. It was pretty wild this afternoon.

2 or 3 more tornadoes hit down in Fort Worth last night as well. The hail storm from last week had one small tornado (oxymoron?) mess up one house about a mile from us last week. We need to build an addition to our closet since my family has been spending quite a bit of time there lately, lol.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Sound like life is good, Hos. Nice sigh of contentment.

Man, I sure don't miss all that weather. I lived in Grapevine and Arlington many years ago. Wow, would that weather get crazy. And the hail???? Thank goodness your insurance paid. I'll have a Margarita, rocks, salt, please :lol:
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Gee, Hos, do you ever want to move somewhere a bit quieter? Or at least buy some earplugs!

Well, I tried to not take the hydrocodone tonight, since I didn't need any all day long, and hear I am squirming while I wait for it to kick in. :roll:

Besides running from doctor to doctor trying to get relief from my RLS and my depression, I really do have a life. I was in Atlanta taking more training in the Enneagram, which is a personality system I teach and work with in ministry. I'm scheduled to do a workshop in a couple weeks on "Personality and Grace."

I'm hoping to do a chaplaincy residency starting next fall, now that I know I can adjust my schedule to sleep at night and be awake during the day. Most day, when I take all the meds. That would get me back into ministry, and hopefully help me get my profile together (like a resume) so I can get back into interim ministry in churches.

The kiddos are growing up, and aren't at home all that much, but I really like spending time with them when they are. Mostly watching movies or TV shows with them.

My dog takes me and my dh for a long walk every day. She knows I kick her less at night when I get my exercise. 8) The weather has been nicer hear lately - no snow in the last few days, but maybe more next week.

DH is doing well, over a year since he finished chemo and a stem cell transplant for leukemia. His father, on the other hand, is dying of prostate cancer and is on hospice care. Probably a matter of days. :(

That's our lives in a nutshell. :wink:

Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Susan, what's your number? I certainly know much less than you, but have read a few books and gone to a seminar here and there. It's probably my favorite system for helping me allow others to be who they are. I just think, "Oh, he isn't doing that because he is an idiot (or wants to make me pay, or he doesn't know better, or whatever), he's doing it because that's how 4's (or insert the number) see the world."

When I went through a nasty separation from my partner of ten years, he did some things that I just couldn't understand. I had just started reading about the Enneagram. It allowed me, magically, to let it all go one happy day. I was reading Riso and Hudson and they said something about his number that made me completely understand. It was so freeing.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

It's nice to hear from everyone. We don't get much noise interference from the neighbors since the closest one is about 3/4 mile away. Sometimes the cows go on a crazy streak of mooing during the night or the dogs decide to howl under the window. Otherwise it's pretty quiet out in the boonies. It did get really cold though and froze all the wonderful flowers that were coming up. Glad the new job is working out, Hos. I second Ann's drink choice! :wink:

Susan, I hope your dh contiues to do well and I am sorry to hear about his father. And you, girl, sound extremely busy. A good friend of mine went through training for the ministry in Canada not long ago and now has 3 churches she ministers to. I know nothing about the Enneagram, it sounds interesting. Would love to be in on the workshop you are doing.

My meds aren't working very good lately but otherwise life is good. My son-in-law graduates in May with his teaching degree. He worked while my daughter finished school and now he's finishing. He has worked very hard for this and I'm proud of him.

Notice I am using paragraphs?! That is NOT a slam on anyone either. It was wisely pointed out that posts are easier to read when not all in one paragraph so I'm trying to do better :D Hope everyone has a great week and let's keep this thread going.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Ann, I'm a 7 with a big 8 wing that gets me in trouble. It seems like you told me once that you're a 7 too... On the Riso-Hudson website you can look up compatibilities between types. Very informative. :shock:

Ruby, thanks for the paragraph breaks. It does make it so much easier to read for some of us ADD types like myself. I just love reading about your rural life and your cows. I've always been a city kid.

Tonight my 15 year old son was just being horrible to me. Insulting and abusive. All about how I don't have a job and how I don't do anything, and why should he do chores, yada, yada. Had me in tears. :cry: I did the stay-at-home mom thing for this? Parenting sure isn't for wimps.

I suppose I should file my income tax extension one of these days, since I have no intention of getting my taxes done by the 17th! Well, I'm going to bed and hoping I'll sleep. Tomorrow should be quiet with both kiddos at school and dh at work.

G'nite all.

Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yes, I am a 7, also, and with an 8-wing. My mom was a 6, though, so I grew up with a lot of 6 traits. Thanks, I've looked at that info about the compatibilty between the numbers. Interesting, isn't it? :shock: Too bad I didn't look it up before I spent ten years with a 4. . .

So sorry about what happened with your son. . .

Managing Your RLS