Men Only

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Ha Ha....Hurling. I can't even remember what exactly Hurling is right now Mark, you're description made me go..."Oh yeah" and then, "No, that's Cricket" and then "Oh yeah" and then "No, that's La Crosse". I'm gonna have to do an Internet search.

I guess it all just comes down to what you've grown up with and are familiar with. You know, they say in Great Britain the TOP two sports are Billiards and Darts. Billiards and Darts. hmmmm. Well, I'm just glad I live here.

The thing I love about American Tackle Football...here on to be referred to as "Football" is that it's exciting to watch at almost any level. We can go to a High School game and even at that level, you're gonna see some great games. Try that with Gymnastics, or Diving, even Soccer (from here on to be referred to as "Soccer"). We try and go to a couple Soccer games every year at the High School, the "important" ones, but it just doesn't keep me interested the entire game. Football on the other hand...I hate when it's over. At any level, Prep, College, Pro...each level has it's own characteristics that make it fun. I actually have an aquaintance with this dude named Frank Dixon who's one of the Nations top High School Girls Soccer Coaches. A friend of mine and myself have drove out to watch a few of his girls games. He coaches for Carmel High School in Indiana, near Indianapolis, but originally from here. His team is Nationally ranked every year. And still, even watching that level of play...sometimes it's just, well, boring to me. Maybe I just don't understand the strategy, who knows. I don't want to sound narrow minded but.........

So you keep your Soccer and Rugby and Billiards and Darts, I'll watch Football.

nancyhugh

Post by nancyhugh »

The paddle is called a hurley or hurl .The ball is a sliotar.
And rugby players arer wimps, are they? What about Jonah Lomu. 273 pounds of MUSCLE. Not fat. 6'5".
Wouldn't like to meet him in a dark alley!
"Without haste, but without rest."-Goethe

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

That dude does look strong. Unclear why he has a goatee on his forehead though. :P

No doubt those rugby guys are tough though. Ok, all these sports are "tough." Ok? :)

LoL, I didn't know what hurling was either and accidentally did a google search on "curling." That sport where you combine bowling and sweeping the floor...
Hurling does look pretty cool. I don't think my back could handle those little clubs though. Do they make those for ppl over 6 foot?

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

Hurling??? I thought that was something you did the next day when you had a hangover!!!!

They'll make a sport out of anything these days, sheeesh :D :lol:

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Woohoo Tazzer!

(I SAY "woohoo" but actually you brought back some pretty bad memories)

Ha Ha.

At least they are just "memories".

CURLING...now there's a sport Hos.
It's like Shuffle board on Ice. It's not bad enough that it's ICY, now they wanna play shuffle board on it. The intense delivery and then those guys rubbing the ice in a frenzy with those little brooms, right in front of the big puck as they slide down the ice-alley. You ever notice they aint wearing skates? Just slippery shoes. How do they keep from knocking themselves out.

(Now you guys stop interrupting me so I can get some work done around the house)