Men Only

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
mikeyvon

Post by mikeyvon »

Hey Randy,

Congradulations on your Bears!! I'm just so glad the Patriots are out, especially since "piece-of-sheet" Bill Belishit snubbed Manning after the game. I never thought Belishit would stoop so low. Poor sportsmanship from a coach...it doesn't get any worse than that!!

Although I like the Bears, my sympathy is with the Colts only because I'd like to see Manning have his day. He's a player and a good person and deserves a superbowl ring. Either way, I hope it's a good game and goes down to the wire. Blowouts aren't much fun to watch.

And hey, where's the pics of you on your Harley?

Mike

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I have to chime in here. I am a cheesehead. The Bears are a sworn enemy. Who will I be cheering for? I have to stay loyal to my division *sigh*

The Colts? well, i feel that Peyton can be big headed...some of his commercials come off that way...anyway, I'm so GLAD he finally beat Tom Brady cuz there is nothing worse than that kind of monkey on a quarterback's back :-)....now, a deep part of me wishes that Peyton is the New "Dan Marino" era... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :twisted:
Beware the Penguin

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

You know what Mike? With all the hoopla about the Bears and Colts, I somehow totally missed the Belichek snubbing of Peyton. WhY? Did he have a comment about it?
People are weird.

There's some people around here who are totally Colts fans, but the Bears have been here so much longer the majority are Chicago fans, even though we're over the state line. I don't even remember when the Colts came to Indy...80's? I'm glad they're here. You know, it's a strange situation. In a way, it'd be better for the Colts and Bears to make the Superbowl two different years...back to back. AND, I'd have loved to seen the Bears BEAT the Patriots again like they did in 85, although I'll admit...I've heard the "Superbowl Shuffle" ENOUGH for one lifetime and that may have resurrected it. I like Manning a lot too. Great QB and seems like a real regular guy but that may just be the southern accent.

How's everything else going? Did you catch the Senior Bowl? Kina boring after the first half...matter of fact I didn't even watch the fourth Qtr. My boy Jeff Samardzija signed some 16 Million dollar contract with the Cubs which means he won't be playing in the NFL. I think the NFL will survive. As far as the bike pics...I need to get my scanner up and going. Right now, it's either use the Printer OR use the Scanner.

Penguin...Hiya! A Cheesehead from Minnesota? You must be from East Minnesota! I'm a big fan of Brett Favre, who I think may be the best NFL QB ever, certainly in the last couple decades although Manning is right there. When you say you wish Manning is the new Dan Marino...you mean a great QB who never won a Superbowl?

WHERE'S TAZZER?
Anyone heard from her? I sent her a message and it remained in the "Outbox" for a week or so, never making it to the "Sentbox" and is now in neither. Maybe she's on vacation.

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Yes WAM and I'll forgive you for stating that I'm from Minnesota!!!!!!! dang...i thought we were friends!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya, the Dan Marino syndrome....no ring...many trips... :roll:
Beware the Penguin

Walking After Midnight

Penguin
Oh boy, now what've I done? Sheesh. I coulda swore it was Minnesota but you know, if you scroll down from where you're actually typing a reply, you can read the replies but you can't read the information next to the name. When you said you were a Cheesehead, I thought..."Wait a minute, Penguin is NOT from Wisconsin (or as we say in The Region - WisCANson)" and I scrolled down to see where you ARE from but like I said...that info is unavailable. I don't know why but...MINNESOTA...came to mind.
Oh well.
Now that I see it's Massachusettes, you must be from the Far West Side of Mass.

Why a Cheesehead? Why not...maybe a Patriot? Any one of the other 50 (or so) teams out in the NorthEastern sector of the great USA...Steeler, Eagle, Jet, Giant, Raven, Redskin even Bill, Brown or Bengal would've been understandable...but Packer?

Anyway...solly cholly. You gotta give me credit for even remembering it wasn't Wisconsin. If you knew me well enough, you'd give me credit for just being potty trained.

Your friend...
Randy

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Um, Randy, Penguin's home is Wisconsin. She is just forced to live in MA because that's where her employer is. But, her heart? She left it in Wisconsin, so she's a cheesehead through and through.

Sorry, Penguin, that it's the Bears. Think of all the times us Bear's fans had to watch the cheeseheads get to be conference champs, and more :shock: . Many of us swallowed our bitter animosty and rooted for you. I know you can do the same for us. C'mon, we're almost family to all of you, me and Randy are!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

mikeyvon

Post by mikeyvon »

Hey Penquin,

It's funny you mention the Packers...They're actually my favorite team also. I adopted them when the Browns left Cleveland (we lived in Cleveland for 20 years) I chose the Packers because Favre is such a first class guy. I'm glad he won a Superbowl early in his career. Also his birthday is the same as mine, Oct. 10...and Giuseppe Verdi too.

And Randy,

Yeh, I heard about Samardzija going with baseball. Good for him. He's a great athlete and will do well in life. It's just to bad he didn't play for Ohio State, we could have used him a few weeks ago. Ya think his career will end up better than Maurice Clarrett's Ha! Ha!

And yes, Beleshits' snub of Manning was blatant and really low rent. Bob Costas on NFL today said it was the worst behavior he's ever seen from a pro coach and I agree. A man of character would have apologized the next day, but not Belashit.
Don't worry about the pictures...I assumed you had them on hand from a digital camera. Get some this spring when riding season starts up again.

Mike

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

Thanks Ann for explaining me. I'm a MA transplant and Ann is right, my heart is home. I'm moving home in a couple years and gonna try to forget this place...

Can't stand the AFC....ya I'll be rootin for Da Bears....I'm a true blue NFC girl....

Brett is first class...in everything he does...on and off the field...from what i hear, he's been out on his tractor doing Brett things...i truly love the guy and what he's done for the Pack.

Well, off to work (sorry for the four letter word) :-)

luv you guys!
Penguin
Beware the Penguin

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

Ok, the Bears lost the Superbowl and WAM has not checked in.

ARE YOU OK WAM???????? I'LL SEND OUT A SEARCH PARTY FOR YOU FIRST THING IN THE MORNING IF YOU DON'T RESPOND TO THIS A.P.B.

S.O.S. S.O.S. S.O.S. S.O.S. S.O.S...... .. .............. ..... ......... ... ... . .

It was a good game.

Last I heard Grossman was in the FBI's Quarterback Protection Program since Bears fans are so unhappy. I'm not sure if he'll make it out alive... :)

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I don't know if Urlacher let him out of the locker room alive
Beware the Penguin

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ya know, there are more players than the Quarterback. The defense was whining about how long they were on the field. . .did you notice those HUGE holes through which a Colt could go prancing through, gaining 5-8 almost every time?????????

While Grossman did not capitalize on his chances, and blew a few he had, he didn't lose that game all by himself. They were simply outplayed. . .in almost every way.

I don't know about other Bear's fans, but I sorta felt like getting to the SB was like having brownies after my pie. I was just happy we had a good season. Never during the season was I expecting to win the SB - just that we played well enough to get there was good enough for me. Besides, I'm a Cubs fan first. . .there's always next year. 8)
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

Ya know, if the Bears had to lose, I'm happy it was to the Colts. Like Ann said, we're just happy the boys made it to the big big big show. True, a Bears win would've been awesome...but I think everyone who watched the game would agree they didn't deserve to win that one and there wasn't no way they were gonna.

I like Rex Grossman...as of right now. I say give him six or so games next year and if he still looks like he's tripping over his own shoelaces, put in Orton or whoever's next. And...DEFINITELY draft a QB. Grossman has had times this year when he looked great, it's just that when he's bad, he's real bad. You gotta remember, it's his "Rookie" season...so to speak. I'm not saying Rex had his best game by any means. Those two Interceptions, and those two fumbles...ACK! But he can be better when he settles down.

And Anne is right...it took more than Rex to lose that one. The O-Line was getting owned, the play calling was just stupid and the Recievers were not getting open. Also...where did the Bears Defense go off to? Sheesh. I think I could've ran behind Saturday through those holes they were making. Urlacher said after the game that they "blew their gaps" and weren't focused. I have a lot more opinions on that game which I'm sure everyone is dying to hear...NOT!!!!

Anyway, they lost to the Indiana team, so I'm still happy. And I like Peyton Manning, Dallas Carter, Reggie Wayne, Utecht, Proehl, Sanders, Brandon Stokely is just one of my all time faves....well it's darn good team.

All I can do is repeat the Cubs team slogan..."Wait Till Next Year".

Walking After Midnight

I just realized...I ended my post the same way Ann ended hers.

I think I must've read yours Ann and it got into my brain and...well...I just STOLE IT!

So thanks for the ending, if I ever need another one and have to plagureize (sp?)(WOW that's not even close!) I'll try not to be so obvious about stealing it next time.

oh boy.

But...
WHILE I'M HERE.

WHERE'S TAZZER?!

Anyone heard from her? I even switched my signature line from a Neil Young line to a rocker group...the Scorpions...line in her honor and now...what happened? Is she taking the Saints loss that bad?

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Walking After Midnight wrote:But...
WHILE I'M HERE.

WHERE'S TAZZER?!

Anyone heard from her? I even switched my signature line from a Neil Young line to a rocker group...the Scorpions...line in her honor and now...what happened? Is she taking the Saints loss that bad?

Hey WAM I was just thinking about Tazzer today. I have not seen her on the board for awhile. Hope all is ok.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

I am here, just been getting the 15 yr old straightened out. I took her out of public school and put her in a private school that you can do online. they have live classes, so it's basically just school with you watching the teacher on the computer instead of sitting in an overcrowded classroom with a teacher that could give a rats a$$ less whether your kid learns something or not! the most in one of her classes is 15 kids. she actually likes it, she fought it at first, but when i told her she had no choice she decided she liked it. so this way i can keep her away from the weirdos she was hanging with and i can also communicate with her teachers unlike when she was in public school. it amazes me how much bs these teachers spew about "i am always here for you and your kid" what a bunch of crap.

and just going through a low point that I can't explain. been reading post on here just can't seem to find any "advice or words" to really give right now.

and WAM it sucked that the saints lost, but so nice that the Colts won!
:twisted:
and a quote for lil ol me, i feel like i won an oscar well at least a grammy! thank u ARE

dee
Last edited by tazzer on Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945