We need everyone to pray for this family!

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
b_rwhite5

We need everyone to pray for this family!

Post by b_rwhite5 »

Last week a woman who I went to school with lost her three children. :cry: I don't read the paper much or watch the news because when I hear stories like this, I will cry and cry. It breaks my heart. My mother told me about this earlier and I can't stop thinking about these poor children.

The woman's name is Lakesha Miller. She had worked third shift the night before and lives alone with her three children. She has no help. The childrens dad is in jail. On one of the hot days that we had last week, Lakesha had worked third shift and had fell asleep. She had two two yr old twin boys and a four yr old girl. When she feel asleep, her children had went outside to play. They got in her car and locked theirselves in. They couldn't get out. Neighbors seen the children playing. When she found them, the two boys had died. The 4 yr old girl was still alive. They airlifted her to the hospital, but unfortunately she didn't make it either. :cry: Those poor children suffered for so long in that hot car and no one bothered to check on them. I know what it is like to work third shift. I have never fell asleep while my children were awake, but I know that when you are exhausted, some times you can't control your eyes or mind. This could happen to anyone. No child should have to suffer, but this was a tragedy. The police are deciding if they are going to charge her. I know if that was me, I wouldn't care what they did. But Lakesha has been through enough. She loved those children. I was 15 when my 5 yr old brother died. The media told so many lies. It was an accident. A tragedy. I remember how I felt and how my mother felt. My father was physically abusive to all of us and if the county had done something when we came to them for help the mamy many times, My brother would be alive today and my father would be getting the help he needs. Losing a child is hard enough, but this woman lost three. Please pray for her and her family.
Rebecca

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

What a tragedy, Rebecca. I'll keep your friend and her family (and you) in my prayers. Thank you for posting this.

I'm so sorry......

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

b_rwhite5

Post by b_rwhite5 »

Thank you so much Jan. She really needs your prayers right now. Thank you for your kindness.
Rebecca

ctravel12

we need everyone to pray for this family

Post by ctravel12 »

Rebecca, I just read your post. What a sad story and my heart aches for the family. I will definitely keep them in my daily prayers.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

that is so awful! i can't even fathom losing one of my kids, much less all 3 at once! i will definately say a prayer for her. hearing stuff like that about kids just makes my heart jump to my throat.

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

brandy

Post by brandy »

I cannot imagine what that poor woman must be experiencing right now. Thank you for sharing her story so that we can pray for her. You are kind to be concerned for her and to encourage us to lift her up. We will do just that.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

b_rwhite5

Post by b_rwhite5 »

Thank you all so much. My heart aches so much for her. I can't stop thinking about it. She and her family are going through so much. I can't stress enough about how important your thoughts and prayers are right now. I can't tell you how much we appreciate your kindness. The support and love that everyone gives is amazing! Thank you all so very, very much !
Rebecca