Premature Twins born only 24 weeks old

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
b_rwhite5

Premature Twins born only 24 weeks old

Post by b_rwhite5 »

My neice had premature twins Sat Nov 25th. They are only 24 weeks old. One boy, Austin, and a girl, Harley. Austin was 1 lb 12 oz and Harley was 1 lb 8 oz. They are soooo tiny. They fit in the palm of your hand. These babies need our prayers. They are in a great hospital. Austin has been having some problems. He had an ultrasound to see if he had a brain bleed and the docs are concerned about his lungs. We haven't got the test results back yet. We hope that they both make it. Harley is doing well. My neice was telling me that their skin was so thin that you could lay your hand on them, but you can't rub their skin. They have so many wires and machines hooked up to them. We are all so scared. I wanted to ask everyone, please, please pray for these babies and their parents. My neice is trying so hard to be strong for these babies. Please ask everyone you know to pray for them. The more people who pray for these babies, the better. Please open up your hearts for these babies. They need our help right now. It will mean so much to Jordan and her family. Thank you all so much.
Rebecca

ctravel12

premature twins born only 24 weeks

Post by ctravel12 »

Rebecca I will definitely say prayers for your niece's twin babies. I know prayer is wonderful and they will be remembered everynight in my prayers and will offer up my mass every week too. Please keep us posted on how they are doing. Thank you so much for sharing this with us. I know other members will be posting and you will be getting alot of prayers.

May God Bless these babies and take good care of them.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Rebecca

My son, who will be 32 on Dec. 6, was born 7 weeks premature. His lungs were not developed and he almost died. His right lung collapsed when he was just a day old and they had to insert a chest tube into it. He was so bad, so near death. His heart rate got down to 2 beats per minute at one point and he was blue. He weighed 3 lbs. 13 1/2 oz and was only 16" long.

BUT, he survived, after being in intensive care in the neonatal unit for 5 weeks. He had some problems as a result of his prematurity. He has slight cerebral palsy, but was accepted into the Air Force and served almost 8 years. He was on 100% oxygen for two weeks, which could have caused him to be blind. He didn't. However, his hearing was damaged as a resullt.

I just wanted to give you some hope. As I said, he will be 32 years old on Dec. 6.

Oh, when he was born, he had "fuzz" all over him, no fingernails, no eyebrows, eyelashes, etc. His skin was transparent, but not as thin as your niece and nephew.

I hope they make it, those sweet little angels. Just remember--32 years ago my son made it.

Bless you

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.