Back again

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Rubyslipper

Back again

Post by Rubyslipper »

Once more, the illustrious phone company took away our internet service. I'm back again for awhile anyway. Some of you may have missed me, some may say "Ruby who?" some may say 'Oh, no not her!" But I have missed you all.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

brandy

Post by brandy »

Welcome back, Ruby. You bring so much to this family and I look forward to reading the wit and compassion that you bring to your responses.
At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. Albert Schweitzer

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Thanks, Brandy :lol: It has been tough not being able to talk to any of you and my typing skills are HORRIBLE. If I was rich, I'd have the whole satellite deal and this wouldn't happen again. Of course, if I was rich, I'd just rent a huge,fancy hotel somewhere and fly you all in so we could meet, eat, talk, hug, laugh and whatever else we felt like doing! Wouldn't that be absolutely wonderful??!! But I will settle for just getting to talk to you all again. I had another surgery on Friday and feel like Miss Charlene, wish they could find out what was wrong and just take care of it. But the world goes on and so do I. Enough, time to shut up! Love to all.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Miss Ruby

First of all, you had another surgery? OMG, girlfriend. How are you??????

Secondly, glad to have you back, sweetie!

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ditto what Jan said. . .how are you doing????
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Yeah "sweetie" glad to have you back.

I missed you so you don't even have to wonder about that.

Hope you're recovering well from your surgery Ruby. Hope life is treating you excellent. Hope you're staying warm.

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Miss Ruby,
I hope this finds you on the mend and smiling at the days with your granddaughter fast approaching.
No answers just grinds doesn't it? I hope they do find what answers you need to get on with your beautiful self.
You know I love you, your my family. And a great roomate, as Jan was.
I'm loving you getting rich, go for it. Can I set up the music for the party at the hotle? Hmmmmmm No, not Wam, Me....LOL
Hugs and feel better soon my dear.
Our moon,
Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Thank you all for your sweet words and concern. I'm doing fine, it just hurts and since they didn't find anything out, it makes the pain a real pain! :lol: It's freezing rain here and the day is dreary and so is my mood. But it could be so much worse, I could be stuck here at home with hubby for 6 weeks instead of two days. Honestly, he's the best but sometimes I wonder where his mind is. I went to bed early last night, hoping to get some sleep (pain pills are NOT working!) and I hear strange noises. But they didn't last too long and since Kenny didn't come running in to say something was wrong, I let it go. Got up at 2:00 am to go to the bathroom and got a very big surprise. He had proceeded to tear the bathroom apart (we are going to do some remodeling) and left all the mess just sitting there. He had already taken down the trim and started pulling off the old paper. There were wood and paint chips everywhere! I had to clean off the stool before I could even use it! That made me mad enough that I didn't sleep well the rest of the night. Then after I got up this morning and cleaned it up (it really didn't take long...it looked worse than it was) HE got irritated with ME because I should have waited until he was through to clean up. Not because HE was going to clean it up (although he did have a broom out) but because he wasn't finished. It is now whatever time it is in the afternoon and he hasn't done another thing in there. Guess he doesn't want to get it dirty again. Honestly, how have we survived 33 years together???!!! But then I'm sure he has tales to tell on me too. Good thing I love him! I REALLY hope I can go back to work tomorrow!

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

LOL, Ruby, what your husband did sounds like something I would do. :oops: Mama got a new wrecking bar for Christmas. :lol: Fortunately my dh is completely blind to messes. (And that's unfortunate as well, because I want to throw him and his mess out on the street, sometimes.) My latest project was tearing out the stairway in our house and replacing it. Just got done last night.

Honestly, I don't know how anyone stays married. Thirty Three years is an accomplishment, girl!

How dare the phone company take away your internet service. :evil: I missed you and I had barely met you! Now don't you go running away again.

Susan

becat

Post by becat »

Just after you did the kitchen, hmmmmm what was that you said......hmmmm LOL Never remodel with a spouse!!!!
I'm sorry the meds aren't helping, that had be a great surprise about he bathroom in the middle of the night. I would have wondered if I had taken too much, with the scene at hand> LOL Actually sounds like something I would do in the middle of the night. But I promise to never do that to you, i'll talk to Kenny....lol (he'd love that right?)
It's rainy and dreary here too. I've tried much of the day to write my Marine a note and can't get myself to report anything that seems fit. LOL
I write everyday, but the challenge today is to get past the line ....it's cloudy and cool here again. Ugh!
On a better note, Miss Ruby, great things should fill your life. You are my friend, my family, and a true Princess. I'm was hoping answers would be yours today, but I know the fight you have inside you. The strength is awesome. You'll make it happen and if you need me......I got the turbo broom warming up. :D
I love you and remember I can texture and sheetrock like a mad woman. LOL
Love ya
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

When you are tired and in pain, they just don't understand (and this goes for male or female, I think) how much something like that can bother a person. DH often doesn't know what time I finally got to sleep. It is soooo annoying when he assumes it's "time" for me to get up and starts being noisy. He may think I've been in bed long enough, but he doesn't know! Thank goodness it's not all that often. To me, once is just about too much.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Aww Sweet Ruby

Loved your post--always love your posts. I can just imagine how I would take it if i went in and found our bathroom that way. LOL But, then, nothing much gets done around here, anymore. LOL I live with a neat nick (most of the time). He's the ying and I'm the yang or however it is. LOL

33 years? We'll be married 31 on April 24. How can anyone stand to live with me that long??????? Yikes!!!

Ah, honey, I'm sorry no answers were found. That's the pits, don't I know it. I hope you have a good outcome soon. Something's causing your problems. Sorry the pain meds aren't working, too, honey. I've thought about a hammer beside my bed at night.... but, that might make a mess. LOL

Well, here's hoping you are feeling better by now and that you can go back to work tomorrow. And, here's hoping Kenny doesn't leave you another surprise tonight!

Love ya
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

If you read back through the above posts and you'll see exactly why I go bonkers when I don't have my computer. You all understand, laugh with me and care. The moon is riding high tonight even though I can't see it. Whatever the reality, in my mind that moon is full and bright, shining down on all of us, smiling at the antics and caring of this small bunch of lunatics! By the way, Becat, have you noticed that Rascal Flatts has released "our" song?! I think I will write Sara again telling them what that song means to us. Can't hurt? If you hear on the news tomorow about an explosion in a little rural area in Missouri, don't worry, I'll have survived just fine. Now, hubby and the bathroom may be a different story!

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Just thought I would let you know that since the last surgery didn't show anything wrong, they have decided that it may all be related to the fibro. So I see a neurologist tomorrow (got in really fast!) and I have made out a long list of things to talk to her about. She specializes in fibro but I am hoping that maybe RLS may at least be familiar to her. At least the doctor here has tried all he knew to do and still wants to find out what is wrong. So we shall see.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Ruby, I hope your appointment today went well with the neurologist, and that she takes good care of you. Let us know!

Susan