REPORT FROM MY NEURO SURGEON

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
jan3213

REPORT FROM MY NEURO SURGEON

Post by jan3213 »

I had an appointment today with my neuro surgeon. I'm at the 5 month mark following my back surgery.

After doing a CT scan and reading it, he said I am doing "remarkably well." He said I'm healing nicely and he said that I'm fusing. When I told him that I am not even sore anymore, he was amazed. I see him one more time, then he will release me---that's about 6 months ahead of schedule.

I can resume most normal activities (I can vaccuum!!!) except no twisting of my back. I forgot to ask how much weight I can pick up, but we'll keep that at 20 lbs--that's what he told me at my last appointment.

I talked to him about not sleeping. He said that a muscle relaxer will help with that, so he prescribed some more for me. He is very, very pleased with my progress.

I saw the screws in my back, again. He pointed to the top screws and said they were right next to my aorta and my heart was right above them. Really, really close quarters!! YUK!

Dr. P is a wonderful surgeon---very, very skilled and talented, very compassionate and very, very down to earth! Lynne can attest to that! We are both very impressed with him. I will miss him and wish that all doctors were like him.

It's a good day!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

ctravel12

report from my neuro surgeon

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Jan what wonderful news. I am so glad to hear that. That is so good about having a good dr and very caring. I bet you were flying high when you left his office.

I have been thinking about you all day long and this has made my day.

Thank you for sharing that with us.

Lots of love and hugs to you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Way to go Jan...glad to hear you're doing so well.
Always makes everything a little brighter when we log on and read good news.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Jan, Congrats. Keep on healin.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Excellent. I bet you feel great hearing him say that - even if you think it, it's so nice to have the "boss" say it.

I hope the muscle relaxers work. Let us know. I can't say they've ever helped me, but I hadn't had surgery like you, either. So, I'm interested in what happens (besides, I want you to get some sleep!).
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi all

Thanks for your responses! Well, the muscle relaxer I took last night didn't help. LOL I should have emphazied a little bit more how bad my back hurts, but I tried. I think he just doesn't want to prescribe any more pain meds. It's been five months. I haven't tried taking Advil or anything like that, so I'll try that tonight.

And, the weather is damp and cold, so that may be it, also. I haven't picked up the new script---he may have given me a different muscle relaxer or different dosage. We'll see.

I got up at around 2 am and stayed up for about an hour. Then, on to my recliner. Oh well, two nights of sleep were good anyway. LOL

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.