Days of Our Lives (changed from "My Life")

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
becat

Post by becat »

It's just like WAM said, our disorder does not fit into a neat little 30 day supply.
I was so grateful to Dr. Rye on his web seminar when he explained that he too had RLS and stress effected his symptoms.
It just proves that finding the right people that understand is key.

Hi Pat, well the US. DEA follows us, In Texas the Dept. of Public Safety follows me as well as my doc........I know this is with the controlled medications. So yeah it may sound paranoid, but I think we are linked up some where, some how so those that have control over our meds. can track us.
For the most part I do not mind, as I try hard to respect how far my doc goes to treat me. I simply think that if I have the right to follow a treatment that MY DOCTOR has given me. Silly me.
Hugs to all
Lynne

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

becat wrote:For the most part I do not mind, as I try hard to respect how far my doc goes to treat me. I simply think that if I have the right to follow a treatment that MY DOCTOR has given me. Silly me.
Hugs to all
Lynne

And that's the problem.
What I've learned from this is, let's hope we NEVER need more than the originally prescribed amount...'cause if we do, we're out of luck. The Insurance Co. and the Pharmacy can not see out of their little box...not to mention that EVERY deviation from normal controlled substance prescriptions is suspicious...heck, normal controlled substance prescriptions are suspicious. The best we can hope for is our Doctor will write us an unlimited amount and we know that that's not going to happen.

I'm ok now, they refilled my Norco. It would've been so nice to have those extra's here to keep for bad day usage, but that aint gonna happen.

I was mad at my Doc's Receptionist. I tried to tell her they'd never fill it the way it was written. Now I'm thinking, it wouldn't have mattered however she wrote it.

OH yeah. Now after reading everyone's replies, I want to change the name of this Thread to "Our Lives".

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I guess I'm the lucky one here. The local pharmacy I go to never asks me anything except "what else can we do for you?' I've even run up a $140 charge ticket there at one time before they kindly told me to please pay at least half of it or they couldn't refill my meds. But I'm not on the meds some of you have to take and that might change the whole deal. I do know how insurance companies work tho'. I was the benefits admin. where I work for a long time and there is no rhyme or reason in the way they work. Right now we are fighting the insurance co. on a med that hubby takes. It's the same med he has been on for 3 years but now it can no longer be purchased at a pharmacy, only through the mail service. Since it is an IV med, that threw everything into chaos and now we can't even get anyone out here to administer it. They've only been doing it for 3 years! What a pain! By the way, WAM, your picture hanging in our local pharmacy is a good likeness! Sorry, it isn't funny at all is it? Surely we go through enough as it is without all this crock.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Walking After Midnight

Ha Ha
"Days of Our Lives".....excellent.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Like sands through the hourglass. . .
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I used to watch that, with my ex.. heh

Walking After Midnight

Zach, I used to work at a little printing company about two blocks from where we lived when Tami and I first got married in '82. I'd come home for lunch everyday and Tami would be watching "All My Children". Opal and Palmer and Tad and Susan Lucci...whatever her name was. I liked Opal the best.
But aint if funny how you can start watching those things? It's like..."What are you Watching? That is the dumbest thing I've ever seen" then two days later..."Shhh. Turn that up, I can't hear what she's saying"..."Man I HATE Tad!"

Anyway.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I used to work for her brother so it was our quiet time together before we went to work, heh.. I liked watching Passions because it was impossible to take it so seriously, and was an obvious spoof of every cliche' in history

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

I have three children--a son and twin daughters. When our twins were babies and our son was just about 3, I would be home and my husband would come home for lunch. We both got hooked on Ryan's Hope (anyone remember that one?) which was on during his lunch time.. I can't believe we actually watched it, let alone my hsuband! I saw that one on the Soap channel the other night and, geeze, how corny was it?

I'm retired now, have been for four years. I never watch soaps. In fact, I don't watch my TV at all.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

whatisit23

Post by whatisit23 »

There are 2 problems here. One is the pharmacy and one is the doctor's staff.
Most insurance companies will okay refills for 7 days in advance, sounds like someone gives 10. I always try to refill as soon as I can, so that over time I build up some extra meds. But then again, I still have insurance and can afford to. I know many cannot.

The reply that she Couldn't Legally fill it was not (or shouldn't have been) based on the Insurance denial. I have been given the option to pay myself if I wanted to fill early several times, but not for controlled drugs.

The pharmacist does have some responsibility to monitor your drug usage. If they think you are taking too many of the same type of drugs or things that will interact, they are supposed to advise you and in some situations report it. But if you are just one day before a refill would be okay, and they know how important the drug is to not skip, they should have made one of their 1or2 day early exceptions. I've had that, were they will give me enough for the one day, and then I have to come back the next to get the real refill.

In your case, I think the biggest problem is that the script was written exactly the same. The doctor should have known better. I would guess that, yes, LEGALLY, the pharmacist could not fill the same script (written the same) twice in the same time period, especially for a controlled drug.
Even on non-controlled drugs, I have had scripts that are the same just added together for a refill count. They are just seen as the same script, not supplements.

Bottom line, if you can afford it, refill as early as possible and don't let the doctor (or staff) give you the same script. If they are giving an increase, the script needs to reflect that.

Unfortunately, all of the honest people get limited by the minority that abuse the system. That is the same with a lot of things in this world!

Linda

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Got hooked on Luke & Laura one summer many years ago when I was remodeling the basement but don't remember the program name.

Knock on wood, I also have been lucky with the pharmacy route although I did get mildly irked a while back but nothing major. They have also been very helpful on several occasions trying to do a good job for me. As with many, I try to do business with one pharmacy and I think we have come to know each other over the years.

I thinks its double edge sword, the good, bad, ugly, and can't live with em, cant live without em type of thing. Like others have said, many times they are just doing their job. Have to respect that as long as they do it in a professional, courteous, and respectful sort of way. Have to also remember that the door swings both ways. Also, sometime smoozing them today may pay dividends tomorrow.

Was it General Hospital?
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yup, General Hospital.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.