quoting

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Sojourner

quoting

Post by Sojourner »

A tribute to my tech skills but.....how do you get the "? quoted" in the nice yellow box at the top of posts when you want to quote what someone has said in a previous post. H...! I can't even understand this. I hope someone else can.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ctravel12

quoting

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Mark the part that you want to show as quote hightlight it and then hit the quote mark above the name and it should show it for you. Alot of times, I check the preview to make sure that it does show.

Also alot of times, I have the full message come over and then I just delete the part that I do not want as a quote. I hope that this helps you.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

I've never been able to get the highlighting feature to work. I always have to quote the entire reply, then delete the words I don't want quoted. So it would go like this Mark...
If you wanted to quote Charlene's answer...click on "quote", which is on the far right hand side of the page above the post you want to reply to and quote. It will come up like this...

[ quote="ctravel" ]Hi Mark the part that you want to show as quote hightlight it and then hit the quote mark above the name and it should show it for you. Alot of times, I check the preview to make sure that it does show.

Also alot of times, I have the full message come over and then I just delete the part that I do not want as a quote. I hope that this helps you.[ /quote ]

...Whatever you want to delete from the post, go ahead and delete to get the exact quote you want, just make sure you still have this;
[quote=ctravel ]
at the beginning of the thing you DO want to quote and
[ /quote]
at the end of it.

(For this explanation, I put spaces in between the words "quote" and those square parenthesis so you could see what it looked like. Without the spaces, the quote feature will work.)

If you accidently delete one or both of the square parenthesis, remember you have to use the Square ones, not this... {
and not this... (
you have to use the square ones... [ ]

OR, you can also just go to "Post a reply" and click "Quote" then TYPE IN what you want to quote and click "Quote" again (which will now have an asterisk after it). The only thing is, it won't put the name of who you're quoting anywhere.

OR you can just copy the thing you want to quote and paste it on the "post reply" page, then highlight it and click "Quote" at the top of the page, but again it won't say anywhere who you're quoting. It will just put it in a box.

The same process works to make something Bold or Italic or Underlined.

Wait a minute
Ohboy Charlene. I shoulda just left it alone. Did I just totally confuse him?
I promise, I was just trying to help. sheesh. Just do what Charlene said Mark.

ctravel12

quoting

Post by ctravel12 »

WAM you are really crazy. I love your posts and what you said is just fine.
Love ya for it.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Say what!
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

becat

Post by becat »

LOL this was great. :D

ViewsAskew

Re: quoting

Post by ViewsAskew »

Mark wrote:A tribute to my tech skills but.....how do you get the "? quoted" in the nice yellow box at the top of posts when you want to quote what someone has said in a previous post. H...! I can't even understand this. I hope someone else can.

Mark, click the Quote button at the TOP of the post you want to quote. It will display in the new Post a Reply window. It will start like this on your screen:

[quote=

And then the author's name, and then the closing bracket, then the words. It will end like this:

[/quote
but with the closing bracket at the end. I cannot type the closing brackets in this text, or it will actually create a yellow quote box here.

Now, once you have the quote in the reply window, type your message BELOW it or completely ABOVE it. It you mess up the opening and closing brackets or commands (quote), then it won't work.

Hope that makes some sense.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Dear Ann...

Annie Annie bo Bannie
Banana Fanna Fo Fanny
Me My Mo Mannie
Annie

I wanted to use Annie instead of Ann so we'd get the word "Fanny" in there.
tee hee.

Anyway, I'm serious about this so pay attention. I was thinking about you. Wondering where you'd gone.
Maybe it was just me, it seemed you hadn't posted anything for awhile.
Are you sick of us already? Huh?
I can change Ann. I swear...and I will. For you.
We all will. Just say the word Ann.

OK.
Honestly though I WAS wondering about you. Hope everything is good and glad to see you are still here. :D
(That's the "Very Happy" emoticon. Not just the "Smile".)

Sojourner

Re: quoting

Post by Sojourner »

ViewsAskew wrote:
Mark wrote:A tribute to my tech skills but.....how do you get the "? quoted" in the nice yellow box at the top of posts when

test test test

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Per my above. Guess I almost got it.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Mark wrote:Per my above. Guess I almost got it.

test test test

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Think I did it. What a good boy I am!

ctravel12

quoting

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey Mark Knew you could do it Good job :) :) :)
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Mark I am certainly proud of you.
I have been here for years and honestly I still have to copy and paste.
But I loved reading the thread.
You did great. :D
Lynne