RESULTS BACK FROM BLOODWORK

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
jan3213

RESULTS BACK FROM BLOODWORK

Post by jan3213 »

I don't know if some of you remember, but I had some abnormal blood test results before my back surgery. My ANA (a test they use for Lupus) was very abnormal, as were several other blood tests.

I had blood drawn over a week ago and about ten different tests were done. I'm extremely happy to report that all of my bloodwork was normal. The ANA, which was so high last spring, is completely normal now. I wondered then, and do now, if the high result had anything to do with my back. Both my neuro and neuro surgeon said "no", but I wonder.... I also had my a blood test for my throid (T-4 and T-3). Both were normal. So, a few of the "symptoms" I had which might had been an underactive thyroid appear not to be.

Anyway, I think this year might be a good year for me. I sure hope so!!!!!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

You deserve a good year, Jan. More than a good year. And I bet you'll have it.

Glad to hear your tests cam back normal. Did they do TSH as well as T3 and T4? Borderline thyroid disease sometimes will show up in TSH before it starts showing in the T3 or T4.

You are a lovely person and I wish all the best for you.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Em

Thanks, honey, for your kind words.

I'm pretty sure she did TSH as well as T3 and T4. She rattled off so many results and I didn't write them down. But, I believe I remember her saying even the TSH was normal.

Hugs
Jan

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY FOR NORMAL BLOOD WORK!!!!! w00t!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Beware the Penguin

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I can hear the sigh of relief from here. . . that must feel awfully good.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Alright Jannie!!!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

You expect us to believe that you're NORMAL?

ctravel12

results back from bloodwork

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Jan
What wonderful news about your bloodwork being normal. I know exactly how you feel. I am so happy for you. Thanks for letting us know.

Have a nice evening.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

cornelia

Post by cornelia »

Hi Jan, good for you! I am pleased with your results.

Corrie

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Thanks everyone! And, WAM, that's just what my husband said when my doc was on the phone: "NORMAL? YOU MEANS SHE'S NORMAL?" And, my doc laughed and said she'd document that for me. LOL

Anyway, thanks everyone for putting up with my ups and downs for the past two years. I actually feel like I'm back on the road to good health---well, I still RLS, of course. But, right now, that's under control, so there you go!

I suspect my hair loss (or hair THINNING) is a result of either the Mirapex or it could very well be the anesthesia from my surgery in September. I was "out" for probably six hours at lest and have been told that anything that puts you that deeply takes a long time to get totally out of your system and does some crazy things to your hair, skin, etc. So, hopefully I'm going bald!

Thanks, everyone! Now, I can dance at my daughter's wedding THIS WEEKEND!

Hugs
Jan

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

OMG! this weekend???? already!!!!! my goodness!!!!!

all my best to you all and i hope it is a wonderful happy time!!!

love you my Jannie
Beware the Penguin