Flying to Atlanta

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
SquirmingSusan

Flying to Atlanta

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I'm leaving for Atlanta in a few hours, so I just briefly wanted to check in and thank everyone so much for being here for me this last week, when I was having such a hard time.

I'm feeling better and the Welbutrin seems to be helping with the RLS as well as the depression. Now if I could just get a doctor to prescribe it for me!

I'll have very limited internet access at the retreat center, so expect to hear from me when I'm back next Wednesday night.

Much love and blessings,

Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Hope is all goes well - flight, meds, retreat. . .and getting the meds you need.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Thanks Ann,

I'm back. Had a wonderful time, was very depressed and despairing when I got there, but it was highly spiritual, and people were just allowed to be wherever they were at, and it was very healing.

And the real miracle is that I slept well, and felt good all day long. Except that the workshops went from 9am to 11pm every day and my butt got really sore. Glad I had the hydrocodone! Sitting in the icey cold Chattahoochie River for a while yesterday helped too. Must have kicked in some endorphins or something.

But the difference I'm experiencing with being on the Welbutrin is amazing. I have good energy during the day, and am able to sleep at night, with the right meds. OK, I've been bad that way - I take one of everything - a 10mg Norco, a 5mg valium, a 1 mg Ativan, and a gabapentin. And I've been sleeping great, and waking up feeling rested.

I go to the pain clinic on Friday, so hopefully I can get some competent help. Medicine by internet is expensive, and a bit scary, but I'm feeling a lot better than when the doctors were dictating what they thought I should be taking.

I've already taken my meds, and am sleepy, so I'm going to turn off the lights and quit overstimulating myself with the computer.

Good night all, and I'll be posting more tomorrow.

Susan

ctravel12

flying to atlanta

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Susan I am glad that your trip went well. Sleeping well is definitely a plus for you. Thanks for sharing this info with us.

Let us know how the pain clinic goes on Friday.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Ya know, I'm glad to be home with the family, but WTF is with the weather here in Minnesota!!!

On Tuesday, in Atlanta, it was in the 80s and I was sitting in the Chattahoochie River. Today, at home, it's 24 degrees. It's 1:20 in the afternoon and I can't get motivated to get out from under my feather blanket. Yikes!

Susan

becat

Post by becat »

Glad your home safe our Miss Susan.

And I couldn't tell you about the weather here too!

Moved and planted all my tropical plants a month ago and 30 degrees tonight. uuuufffffffaaaaaaa

Hubby is off today so I'm treating him to a movie, I'm treating me to a half extra pill. LOL

Hugs
Lynne

ctravel12

flying to atlanta

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Susan I am glad that I am not there 24 degrees - I would say yikes too. Right now our temps are warm and will not mention as you would probably come over here and smack me.LOL Talking about cold weather, we are leaving next Friday for Colorado and I hear that it is cold there so I had best get my warm clothing out. LOL

Susan, on the brighter side I am glad that you got home safely.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Neco

Post by Neco »

What's the River area like?

A friend I grew up moved there a while back and got married, (blah blah etc), and has been bugging me to come down there sometime so we can go camping.. Haven't been since were were like, pre-teens, heh. But our family's used to camp almost every summer in the Shenandoah Valley, in Virginia, so it would be cool to go camping again. Maybe when her husband is back from Iraq or something.

I just hate dirty rivers and wanna know what I'm getting into :?
There is NOTHING fun to do where we used to camp. You can't eat the fish anymore because of Mercury, and aside from a dip or some tubing, and some target practice, fishing is all I ever did out there. Beautiful mountains though. Used to wade out into the center of the river where it was chest or neck high (probably only waist high now that I'm grown up) and fish all day long and just look at the mountains :oops:

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Oh Charlene, if I head your way it won't be to smack you, it'll be to get warm. :mrgreen: Where's global warming when you want it?!

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Zach, this time of year it looked just like something out of "A River Runs Through It," even though that movie is set in Montana, and the Chattahoochie is in Georgia. It was beautiful. But the banks are steep and muddy and it was a bit difficult getting out of the river. The water was crystal clear, just like the lakes are up north early in the Spring.

I'm guessing the water turns to slime later in the summer, just like the lakes and rivers do up here in the north. :?

The Chattahoochie has a mud bottom, too. It's kind of squishy on the feet. I suppose it depends on where you camp...

Susan