Rash? what teh fudge ?

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Neco

Rash? what teh fudge ?

Post by Neco »

Ugh... Anyone know anything about skin rashes ?

I mean.. This crap is driving me nuts, and you know my doctor isn't back in town until tuesday so... I dunno if it's even a rash, but it's definitely in certain locations only. (knuckles, backside of upper arms near/in pit area. Lower neck and upper back, "outter" elbow joints; it also makes my hands itch like some kind of allergy).

Nothing has really changed much with my routine.. I didn't switch brands, but I switched types of shampoo and conditioner, to the "for dry, color treated hair" Vive stuff (I have blue tints - they rock but are a ***** to catch on film/digital even in the sun). I bought a new hair brush, but washed that with soap a couple times already. I have chapped lips for some reason currently too... meh. Virus ?

It's weird.. it feels like a sunburn in the shower, stings/itches/burns... I admit I sometimes wear work clothes more than once when I'm too lazy to wash them but I've been doing that forever too..

I can't imagine what could be causing this crap but it's annoying :evil:

The only chemicals I have handles recently was a bottle of fuel injector cleaner I opened with my key (duh duh dum...) at the gas station.. I do sometimes hold keys in my mouth when I need a free hand but I tend to hold them in my teeth and no with my lips.. I could see it accounting for the chapped lips issue.. but the other select areas ??? Can't say

D4

Post by D4 »

I've spent my whole life dealing with skin rashes. I am ultra-sensitive to anything my skin touches. I have topical allergies to LOTS of things even foods.

You mentioned soaps, shampoos, but have you switched detergents and fabric softeners that you use when washing your clothes, sheets, and towels? Or slept somewhere else? When I go anywhere else (even my Mom's), I don't let any part of me touch the sheets.

Until you can see your doctor, I recommend generic Claritin (it is available OTC and it is on the RLS-safe list of allergy medicines) and cortisone ointment or cream which is also OTC. One brand I can think of is Cortaid, but it's also available in the store brands for less.

For lip relief, the best thing is Aquaphor. It is also OTC and comes in a white plastic jar. It is very greasy, but I have it on my lips constantly. It's the only thing that gives them relief. My dermatologist recommended it for my lips.

Good luck.

Neco

Post by Neco »

CHapstick seems to do me right for my lips.. But yes, since I have been unmedicated for a few days, I have gone back and forth between my room and the guest bedroom, since the bed there is bigger and I can stretch out more. I don't think it's been washed in a while, but my dog and my mom slept in it last.. I think I do kind of get itchy more often than not from my dog though.. Sometimes it will be this slight tingling kind of feeling that you want to scratch at..

I haven't slept with her in a long time so I cant say either way, but I know when I am already bugged by my allergies I can't stand being around her.. Some weird combination of my nose being irritated and some weird, heavy "dirty dog" smell (almost like my nose is hypersensitive to her).

I guess I'll have to stay away from the guest bed and see if that helps. But I usually have NO problems with short contact with her, even if I don't wash up afterwards.. Except for some sinus related stuff

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I have a mystery rash that comes and goes but it's always just in one spot (although that spot moves around). My husband read an article about using Vicks so I gave it a try. Burns like crazy at first but it did work. I don't think it would be a good idea for you though. If yours is already burning when you take a shower, then this would probably send you over the edge. It does sound some like allergies though. Try OTC until your doctor gets back and hope that's soon.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)