Vintage Drug Ads

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
SquirmingSusan

Vintage Drug Ads

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I came across these after googling a medication - And you thought that drug advertising was a new thing! Enjoy.

http://community.livejournal.com/vintage_ads/88173.html

becat

Post by becat »

Wow, how far we've come in such a short time.

BTW, Susan I'm am starting the new iron this weekend. Crossing my fingers and taking a deep breath that it is easy going on my old body.

thanks for the ads.

lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Lynne, your post reminded me of the new iron that I bought. It's wonderful. I have never been able to tolerate the types I tried - mostly it affects my gastro system so much that I'm miserable - not the stomach, but after that, lol.

At any rate, I tried a liquid form that is a bunch of different veggies and herbs plus citric acid for absorption- you take two teaspoons. It's from Europe, and seems very similar to Floradix that is from the US, but it cost about 30% less. It's not as high of a dose as I'd get with the iron tablets, but I can't seem to do that.

Hope your form works, too. If you are taking different than Susan and it works, then we'll have three forms that we can recommend.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

kef1950

Post by kef1950 »

Thanks for the welcome! I am not sure how to join the chat but I will continue to visit and try to glean as much info as I can from all of you. I hate to know there are others who suffer as I do, however it is comforting to hear I am not alone!
Thanks,
kef1950

Neco

Post by Neco »

LOL @ the Nembutal ad. That kid has some huge fricking pupils

ctravel12

vintage drug ads

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Kef1950. Here is how you get onto the chat line. First go to the search engine and type in rls.org and then click on the first rls - once you click on that go to the second box All About restless leg syndrome - drop down to Communicate with others. Once you get on there, there is a large box that says WANT TO CHAT click on that. It will come up (may take a few seconds) it will say pick a user name and a nickname (they can both be the same) and then the next line asks for your e-mail address, put that in and on the bottom it will say connect - click on that. It may take a few seconds too. We try to get on the chat line Monday nights around 8:30 my time (Arizona time)

I hope that this helps you and will be able to chat on Monday nights.

Have a good weekend. .
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Zach wrote:LOL @ the Nembutal ad. That kid has some huge fricking pupils

No kidding! My favorite is "Mabel is unstable." :wink:

Susan