Grrr...

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Neco

Grrr...

Post by Neco »

I hate Circuit Shitty.. I won't be buying from them for a LONG time.....

On the 25 of May I oredered a hard drive, then realized it was the wrong interface, so I canceled it, no biggie.. It has been 3 weeks and still no refund...

My cars subwoofer died or blew out or something and I have to replace it.. Find a good set at CC.. Figure, what the hell, it's the only place I can buy them anyway..

They got no probem charging me the money, but NO confirmation e-mail, no "ready/not ready" e-mail about picking it up.. Called up and spoke to someone who sounded like they didn't know wtf they were talking about too.

I hate buying crap... bad sh** always happens to me, even since I was a teenager be it birthday gifts or whatever, sh** always goes wrong and stuff has to be returned 20 times or takes forever to get... It ain't fair :x

KBear

Post by KBear »

Sounds like Zach needs a hug.
Kathy

Link to the Mayo Clinic Algorithm:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/pd ... 907Crc.pdf

Neco

Post by Neco »

:( and a better paycheck

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

While it's not everything, money certainly can be helpful. . .
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

mikeyvon

Post by mikeyvon »

Hi Zach,

We haven't talked directly, but I've seen your posts. And you're right, Circuit Shitty does suck. A few years ago they stated in the NYT's business section that the CEO of Circuit Shitty had the worst performance rating in the industry...big big bucks and horrible performance. That's when I started going to Best Buy (great place).

mike

Neco

Post by Neco »

I'm not particularly thrilled with Best Buy either for various reason, mainly their prices on a lot of stuff.. It used to be I could order something from CC and go pick it up no problem, so I dunno.. They do have good deals from time to time though.

I guess I will have to drive up there later on today and yell at someone in person to get an answer... Too bad they don't open until 10am :roll:

Neco

Post by Neco »

Well I got my woofer... I had to sit through an assload of traffic on the beltline both ways, but I got it..

And I got my $147 back.. Because I am effective like that

KBear

Post by KBear »

You drove all the way to Madison for a woofer? Yeah, the beltline is a mess right now, I could have warned you. :wink:
Kathy

Link to the Mayo Clinic Algorithm:

http://www.mayoclinicproceedings.com/pd ... 907Crc.pdf

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

My boys worked at Best Buy. I've never been able to shop there since, after hearing of the mark-up and the sales techniques.

For instance, if you are going to buy and computer from Best Buy, they will try and sell you hundreds of dollars worth of accessories to go with it. That's because they don't make much money on the computer itself. As a matter of fact they make so little on the computer, a lot of times if you decline to buy any accessories with it, the salesman will say the computer is out of stock. So the trick is to SAY you'll buy the accessories until you get up to the counter to write up the paperwork, after they've already said they have the computer in stock...make it a point to make sure of that, then say you've changed your mind about the accessories and you just want the computer.
Watch for any accessories and any service agreement they try and sell with any product you buy there, they make tons of money that way and they'll push those service agreements with every product. It's been a couple years since they've worked there so I can't remember anything else specifically except you're putting yourself at risk to be ripped off everytime you walk in there. I won't really buy anything there to this day. Of course, it's not much better anywhere else for a lot of products either.

mikeyvon

Post by mikeyvon »

Hey Guys,

That's interesting about Best Buy...actually I haven't made a major electronics purchase for a few years. And you right about the service agreements...what a rip.

In the next month or so we're going to buy a 42" LCD HDTV. So where do I get it?

Mike

Neco

Post by Neco »

I don't know anything about buying TV's heh...

Yes, I drove all the way to the West Side for the damn thing :cry:
It was either that or somewhere over the border in Illinois. Fricking East Towne stores are always out of crap I don't want :roll:

mikeyvon

Post by mikeyvon »

Randy, Zach

You guys were right, Best Buy is a rip. We went there yesterday to get an LCD HDTV. Basically they told us that in order to take advantage of the HDTV we had to get Direct TV and all this crap to go with it. Simply put, what should have been a fun shopping experience ended up a complicated chore. We left confused, frustrated and without a TV. But we salvaged the day by stopping for drinks and then dinner at a great Italian tavern.

mike

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Drinks and dinner. . .great salvage!

Ummm, you might want to check out this website - see if I can remember the name. . .they have lots of great info - not sure if they also recommend pricing, though.

Yeah, that's it! tomshardware.com

I used it to determine what all in one remote to get. Maybe they don't recommend places to buy things though. maybe it's just reviews on the items. . .
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

Well technically the sales guy wasn't jerking you around. In order to take advantage of the HD quality of a television you have to have an HD source signal (just like you need a stereo source to actually get stereo sound on 2 speakers).

That being said, all he was doing was trying to sell direct tv, but any company be it satellite or cable will do. You may still need to get an HD decober box ontop of that though depending on what comes with the TV. The one we have here is HD capable but did not come with a decoder, etc.
Looks great when you hook the PC up though 8)

ctravel12

grrr...

Post by ctravel12 »

hi everyone. Just read all of the post, but unfortunately or rather should I say fortunately we do not have a Best Buy where we live.

Mike you asked where you could by a 42" LCD HDTV. Well we do not have a LCD, but we purchased our tv (about 4 yrs ago) and it has hd capable. We have a 55" and just got HD last year and love it.We purchased our tv at Sound Bank. Do not know if you have one or not.

We have dishnet work and to make a long story short we ordered the HD last August to find out that we did not have hd (just the channels) in Jan of this year. My hubby had to go out and buy the hd cables; however after contacting dishnet work we got our money back for past 5 months that we did not have the hd cables. Let's just say I was not very nice when I talked to them and threatened them with going to a tv station.

Good luck to everyone.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time