It's WHAT time?!

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Get some iron in you, girl! Crushed ice is icky :lol: - then again, I don't use ice at all (DH thinks I'm weird).

Mmmm, uncooked brownies are excellent. But, so is making frosting and eating it, uncooked cookie dough of many flavors, but my favorite is to make the choco chip dough without the choco chips - strange, but I love the fatty sugary mix together. In fact, I really love it at the stage when you've just creamed the butter and brown sugar/sugar. I could just about eat that alone.

<sigh>

No wonder I'm on a perpetual diet.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

lizbestill

Post by lizbestill »

Kim, I also eat crushed ice, but I know it's because of my iron levels. I took iron for a while and built it up, and I didn't even want ice in my drink, but it started hurting my stomach so I slacked off quite a bit and now I'm back to eating ice. And about the brownie mix - I think that sounds WONDERFUL :D I always have to "clean the bowl" after I make brownies!! Of course you know, the caffeine in that chocolate isn't helping any, but it sure is good! Elizabeth

becat

Post by becat »

Love Love Love ICE...........OMGosh I could turn down anything else in life for a huge cup of Sonic ice.

Yeah , iron is a key factor, and when I can raise my iron levels I don't crave it that much.

However, I have always had a strange stomach and it's always felt good to crunch my ice after I eat. Late at night, sitting right here is my favorite time to crunch and type. LOL

I don't crunch in front of others, like you Kim, it's a loud hobby! :D Hubby hates when I crunch ice.

The Sonic ice, for those of you that don't have them, is in a small tube shape, so less wear and tear on my teeth.

You can keep all the chocolate for yourself, I'll be in a corner somewhere crunching like a shark. LOL

Hugs to all,
Lynne

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

Oh Lynne, you are after my heart! I drive 30 minutes from home at least twice weekly to buy Sonic ice by the bag! The only kind of ice to crunch!

I really had no clue my ice cravings may tie into an iron deficiency...will check with dr in case...in the mean time, I might try some liver just before indulging in a box of brownie mix to reward myself for eating the liver!

Keep smiling ~ it's all we can do when we're not beating our legs or crunching ice :lol:
Who took the FUN out of disFUNctional?
Kim <><

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Chocolate is an excellent source of iron. Really. Read the labels. I'm not kidding. OK, so it's not enough for people like me who have a high iron requirement, but it helps. Well it must help with something.:lol:

Sonic ice??? I've never heard of it. It kind of sounds like the ice in the machines at hotels, though. Round, with a hole in the middle... That stuff is good for crunching.
Susan