It's WHAT time?!

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
lizbestill

It's WHAT time?!

Post by lizbestill »

Hi guys, I'm sitting up again (it's about 12:53AM) here and I am once again sitting in front of the computer squirming waiting for something to kick in so I can go to bed and not wake my husband. I try to be really quiet, but between the keyboard and the ice chewing it's a bit of a challenge! Anyone else up? :? Liz

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

lbell, Yep, I'm up also. Seems lately that 2 am is about the time that I can even begin to think about the possibility of sleep. But, who knows.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

lizbestill

Post by lizbestill »

Hi Mark, so what kind of medicine do you take that's not working? Mine is Mirapex and Conazepam. Oh, my baby brother's name is Mark, he's getting married Saturday! Seeing your name reminded me of that, which also reminded me that I have to make sausage balls and cucumber sandwiches for the reception! Liz

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

I take Neurontin with Ultram/Vicodin as needed. I posted a bit ago that he Neurontin seems to be pretty effective but for some reason makes things worse for about an hour or so when I first try to go to sleep. After that the legs are usually decent/tolerable and then it's a question of how much the insomnia will prevent me from sleeping. Tried Requip but really had a bad time with it. Gave up the Klonopin as I developed a paradoxical effect.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

lizbestill

Post by lizbestill »

I do remember reading that, I took neurontin, but all it did was make me very sleepy, my legs still went crazy. I have tried requip also, that made me sick. I'm going to bed now, hopefully I won't be back up tonight. Hope you rest tonight, Elizabeth

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

How'd the sausage ball and cucumber sandwiched turn out.....Mmmmmm

lizbestill

Post by lizbestill »

Well, last night at about 1am I am standing in my kitchen cutting out shapes from bread for the cucumber sandwiches and I was so tired I would almost fall over!! My night was not good at all even with the Ambien. My brother is going to the magistrates office this morning at 7:30 to get married and I won't be there because I couldn't get up. :( But we are taking photos at a rose garden in a couple of hours so I have to finish my sandwiches and sausages balls! I'll post a picture when I get back this afternoon, Elizabeth

ctravel12

it's what time

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Elizabeth I was hoping that you would get a good night sleep.

I know my last dr gave me rozerem to sleep and the only good thing about it is that it is not habit forming as it did not work, but I think that I will try again. I know that it has to be in your system for a week before it starts workng :? At least I can fall asleep in the beginning it is just staying asleep.

Please keep us posted and hope that things are better for you tonight.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Charlene, Curious about the need for rozerem to be in the system for a week...Is that typical or is that just how you respond.?

ctravel12

it's what time?

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Mark
My dr told me that it takes seven days to get into your system and I did try it for seven (7) days and did not feel any different. Maybe I will try again and see.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

C, Hope you are doing better and able to get some sleep. Best wishes.

ctravel12

it's what time?

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Mark and thanks. I hope that you are doing better too.

Take care and have a good day.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

This thread is a good title for those of us to log in to see if anyone else is "out there" at our normal midnight hours with rls since I can't seem to get anywhere with the chat room! It is 2:55 am here now, Friday night and I'm still up wallkindafloors - checking in here from time to time when my legs will allow it. Any one out there tonight :?:
Who took the FUN out of disFUNctional?
Kim <><

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yeah, me. But, I'm off to be (sure, I am). Really, I mean it.

I've had a bad month - I'm getting the "I don't wanna go to bed" blues. If I stay up, I have better luck - so each night I dread the bed. I changed my diet, I am exercising too much, and I'm paying the price. I just hope it settles down soon.

Hope you get some relief tonight, Kim.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

walkindafloors

Post by walkindafloors »

Oh, can I relate to that Ann...so many times I've said "I just wish it could be daytime 24 hours!" :lol: I dread seeing the darkness fall each evening. My personality is not of isolation and I love to be around lots of people...but each night I spend here alone while I resent at times my DH being able to sleep through my stomping on the floors, TV blasting, lights on and off, and other attempts to get him awake to be up with me :twisted: I've resorted to watching ROSANNE which I use to forbid my children to watch and now find myself lol just to hear noise. Even the dog has learned to sleep through my ranting and raving nights!

It's now Sunday at 3:15 am and here I am...alone again, searching the kitchen cabinets, refrig, etc for something to do (EAT)! My favorite comfort food is taking a brownie mix (with the extra chocolate chunks) and missing in water only then eating it withoug baking!!! HEAVEN :lol:

I'm now addicted to eating crushed ice - makes noise and I feel like I'm eating while getting the glasses of water I need to take each day. I've even smashed the bag of ice on the floor [/i]to bust up the ice and neither DH or dog awaken :? Have you tried curshed ice, Ann?

Who took the FUN out of disFUNctional?
Kim <><