Ouch

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Randy, I hope it is the tramadol and not something more serious! You take care of yourself.
Susan

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Tami was standing in front of me today, grabbed my chin and shook my head like I was saying "no", I about puked. literally. I go..."Tami, don't do that man, I'm already sick." so she reads the pharmacy notes that come with the medicine and they say that some people may need to lie down for 1 to 2 hours each day for the first week or so, and have no HEAD MOVEMENT during that time. That's what it says.

This stuff is weird. We'll see.

blech.

As the world turns.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

WAM, I am really sorry that you are going through all this and it does sound "weird" at the very least. I should go back and read some of your other posts but i did re-read this thread a couple of times so if I'm way off here...

You mentioned in one of your earlier posts on this thread, "So it's 5, maybe 7.5 Klonopin,". I'm thinking that you meant .5 or .75 Klonopin as I think 5 or 7.5 (mg?) would be a very, very high dose of Klonopin. Right? Also, from what little reading I was able to do, it appears 600 mg of Lyrica is the maximum recommended dosage. But, couldn't find any side effects similar to what you are describing other than peripheral edema (swelling) which doesn't seem to be what you are having. Dizziness is a side effect and your last post may be describing a little of that but....Anyway as I said, I should read more of your previous posts regarding this. But, just wanted to mention those things particularly the dose of Klonopin.

I also take 50-100 mg of ultram regularly but have not had nearly the difficulties you are describing so I can't really offer you much there. Sorry. But, I sure am concerned about how you are feeling regards taking this medication. Please be careful, my friend. It's good you have someone there looking after you. We should all be so lucky.

I do hope your leg pain subsides. I will be thinking about you and pray things will get better. If not, I hope you will be able to find additional medical advice and care which will provide you with an answer for all you are going through and more importantly some effective method of treatment. Take care and best wishes,

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Walking After Midnight

Mark

You are right about the Klonoping dosage. You know what? I knew I was taking .5 but I didn't know how to write .75....duh. I was writing .7.5 and going..."wait that can't be right" (scratch scratch my head) So...I just put 5 and 7.5. It's amazing that I've gotten by for this long in life but here I am.
Also. Lyrica doesn't make me dizzy anymore. I've cut back on my own to 450 again since...you know it doesn't seem to be doing any good anymore. For pain anyway. I'm thinking of just weaning off.

Anyway. Thanks. I'm doing better with the Ultram although I'm not sure how much it's helping me.

Today, my right leg is killing me. Just killing me. But my feet aren't too bad. Ugh.

Thanks again for your concern.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

WAM, glad you are feeling somewhat better. Also, glad about the klonopin but I thought that was the case. I'm on the neurontin but have to keep increasing the dose so I am always curious about Lyrica on the chance I might want to give that a try. You mention legs, I know I always see the commercial on tv about pad...peripherial artery disease i think. Have you been tested for that? My lets but not necessarily my feet seem to hurt a lot. I don't know if it's rls or not. it does get better with movement and time but sometime feels very different that what I think of as rls but who knows. anyway, glad you have found a bit of relief and will be thinking good thoughts for you and hope tomorrow will be a better day. best wishes.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Walking After Midnight

Mark wrote: You mention legs, I know I always see the commercial on tv about pad...peripherial artery disease i think. Have you been tested for that?

M.

Mark, it's really odd that you should mention that because I've just been diagnosed with PAD. Only three or four weeks ago I had an angiogram done because of some heart enzymes that were a little wacked out, and they said I did indeed have that, they found some blockage in my leg.

Honestly my wife just explained it to me a couple days ago that that's what I have. I just knew I had blockage. So it's starting to explain some things.

And while I don't want it, I'm glad that we have a direction to take because my leg HURTS.

ctravel12

ouch

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Randy
Please keep us posted on how you are doing. I will keep you in my prayers.

BTW it was great chatting with you last night
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

WAM, Sorry for the additional diagnosis. But, I guess the Q would be is that what you have been told is the cause of you leg/feet pain. If so, I guess I am curious what the standard treatement is for PAD. Whatever it is and if you are on such a regimen I truly hope you get a positive result and relief from the pain that you are experiencing. Kinda like RLS...nice knowing what it is...better knowing you can do something about it. Best wishes, my friend.

M.

mikeyvon

Post by mikeyvon »

Hi Randy,

I'm glad you're getting some answers. We used to say in manufacturing...facts and data solve problems. Good luck, I'll be talking to ya.

Mike

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Randy, I'm glad you have any answer, but sorry you have another thing to deal with. What do they do for it? Oh, and is your sort of annoying doctor changing his attitude over this? Like, maybe you have a real reason for the pain? &%^^*#$

I hope that whatever they do for this that it helps you feel better and reduces the pain.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hi Randy

Well, at least you know your enemy, now. Doggone it!

My mom had PAD. She ended up having bypass surgery in both legs--no kidding--near her groin. I'm trying to remember how old she was--of course, several years older than you. And, that was quite a few years ago (she's been gone 10 years), so it must have been around 20 years ago. That would have made her approx. 75. Of course, that was her, not you.

Anyway, I'm sorry about your pain and the fact that you have one more thing to deal with. I wish you the very best!

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Hey Randy,

Now what are you and your doctors going to do? Is there medication? It's probably curable by exercise and never eating anything that tastes good ever again. :?
Susan

Neco

Post by Neco »

Dang man, hope things turn out better for you soon

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Randy,

I'm so glad you know that you have PAD, it's so much safer to know than to find out after that blockage lets go. Uuufffaaaa.

Please do let us know how it's going with that. I'm interested to see what they do for that.
I've know a few (2) people with that and one had surgery to remove the blockage, the other had meds. and a hospital stay, but his was WAY bad.

I thought about you a couple of times while on my trip..... :D you would have been as mad as I with the amount of stairs one city can hold. But also because one of my main goals was to go and buy this stuff I tried that instantly makes my legs normal. OTC but costly, since the only place you can get it is at Harrod's in London.
Trust me I am on the email line and begging they come to the states, so that we might (some of us) have an additional weapon in our bag of tricks.

Let me know, if you are still hurting, my Bro!

Hugs Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Lynne, how wonderful! Something that makes them normal???? No pain for you???? What the heck is in it?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.