SAD

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
waterloo2

SAD

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

I just wondered how many of you here
like myself get this awful SAD geez I
hate this time of year, and dont like
Chrismas much either im always glad
when its over anyonelse?

gill

:P

Neco

Post by Neco »

I do, on ocassion.. I'm not very big on holidays, I guess because I don't have anyone to spend them with. Same with my birthday, since I turned 15 these things have become "just another day" to me.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Do you mean SAD, as in Seasonal Affective Disorder? I get that starting about the time that daylight savings time ends. It's the lack of sunshine, plus it's just a pain in the rear to do anything or go anywhere. We went to the store tonight and dh had to climb in the back of the van, crawl through and kick open the front doors because they were frozen shut. :roll: And it's cold out there! I have the bright lights and those help, but mostly it's an endurance test until the days start getting longer.
Susan

Neco

Post by Neco »

Well if its that I don't got that... I hate acronyms that looks like words, hah... :p

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi Su

Yes thats the one. Its freezing here too.
Can't wait for it to get earlier now after
the Holidays.

gill

:x

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

me as well
hate it

moonlight :cry:
sleep is not only a dream

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Not sure I get SAD although others may think so. For some reason 7 pm seems an "anxious" time for me. Doesn't matter if it light or dark out. Relatively recent phenomenon. Think it had something to do with a botched carpal tunnel surgery. Mmmmm. But, don't imagine SAD is a very special thing to experience through the long winter months. Does the light therapy help?

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi Mark

I enjoy the light days and nights they
keep me going lol :roll:
I dont get as depressed as at the
moment.

gill

:cry:

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

SquirmingSusan wrote:Do you mean SAD, as in Seasonal Affective Disorder? I get that starting about the time that daylight savings time ends.

I get the same thing. I hate it. Just hate it. It's ok while in the house, but I walk outside to get in the car and everything is just dark and gloomy and even kinda creepy. Blech.
Don't like winter.
We need summer to get here. Tell you the truth, it kinda feels like spring here now. Been in the sixties the last couple days...feeling fine! But it aint gonna last. Friday is predicted high twenties.

Brrrrrrrr.

mikeyvon

Post by mikeyvon »

Yep,

Long dreary winters get me down too. I'm going to LA next week to visit my brother so I'll warm up then. About this time of the year I wonder why myself or anyone would live in the northeast. BTW, I'll say Hi from my bro in advance. He always asks about all of you who he met in person... Ann, Ruby, Lynne, Jumpy owl, Neph, et al.

Hey Randy, I owe you an E-mail...it's coming soon. So what are you doing? Are you a trucker yet?

mike

Walking After Midnight

mikeyvon wrote:
Hey Randy, I owe you an E-mail...it's coming soon. So what are you doing? Are you a trucker yet?

mike

What am I doing? I'm waiting for that E-mail that's what I'm doing!

I'm still a millrat, and staying pretty busy.

Tami has got one semester to student teach and she get's her bachelors and teaching degree certificate whatever. She says there's plenty of work for teachers so maybe after a few years of her teaching, I can take a chance and do something else. Pensions don't mean anything to us since US Steel bought us out, but didn't buy the pensions so we just don't get the time we had earned already. So 30 years at USS aint gonnna mean much to me.

Working on the house a little, all that good stuff...trying to get through winter again. Life's good though, I guess Ican't complain.

I'm anxious to get that E-mail. I've thought about it several times, so get to work on it will ya?

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I didn't know that Tami was so close to her degree! How excellent. Definitely have to look into doing something different now, won't you? I am someone who dearly loves options, so to me this sounds like heaven - the ability to do something you really like...and that's different from what you do now. Of course, that's me and you may not feel quite the same <said sheepishly>.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

I feel exactly the same but I've never been able to bring the two together...something I like to do and get paid enough to do it.

The only good thing about what I'm doing now is that it's almost something different everyday.
But if it were up to me Ann, I'd never set foot inside a steel mill again.
I'm dreaming. But wouldn't it be nice?

Anyway. Truckdriver would be great. I just don't wanna haul steel.

Mike
, I forgot to mention in my last note to you...sorry about your Buckeyes. They just can't seem to get that TITLE! LSU is a darn good team though. Fun team to watch. Can't wait to see where Lauranitis (sp) goes in the draft. (He's a Sr....right?) You know, there's a kid playing for Ohio State on the D-Line named Dexter Larimore. Check him out. He's from Merrillville...which is right next door. They're in our Conference at the High School Level. Him and James Aldridge who's in and out for ND tore the conference up a few years ago. I still don't like them. But actually I met Larimore at a flag football game at the soccer complex. Really nice polite kid at that time. Shoulda got his autograph. heh.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Walking After Midnight wrote:But if it were up to me Ann, I'd never set foot inside a steel mill again.
I'm dreaming.

So was Edison, Ford, and many other wealthy people. More importantly, so were thousands, if not millions of other people just like you and me, like Susan, like your neighbors....who dreamt and followed through and ended up in a place they loved.

The dream is there...I bet Tami had a dream. And, my guess is that there was a time she didn't think she'd be a semester away from her BA. But, she is.

Anything is possible. Well, maybe not anything (like eating truffles by the pound and staying skinny), but you get my drift.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Walking After Midnight

Ann, I remember reading this book that I just happened to pick up at Goodwill or some place like that, maybe at the Library used book sale...it was all about how to figure it out. Take what you LIKE doing and picking a career around that.
It was a big book with a big long complicated formula for figuring it all out. I never did. But later that week, I happened to walk by a floral arrangement at church and noticed something was out of balance with it. Har har. Just kidding about that part.
And it's not like I'm scared. If Tami was teaching steady, and if a couple of these kids of mine will move out (ahem) it could be a go. And it's not like I'm the Henpecked type, (and I might add she aint the henpecking type, everything's pretty well corporate) but there's other factors. We'll see. I should be putting lots of money away once she starts working so I can retire some day. So that's another thing to think about.

It's complicated Ann. Oh boy.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could all just start over every ten years? Just pick a new one and have at it. Life would be a lot more interesting.