My New Year Wish

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Holy Sleep Deprivation Batman!!! Where's that caped crusader, Kathy the Winged Angel of the Cultural Infildels? I think saw our nemesis, Sleep Well Man, hiding behind the door......

OMG, you guys! I love this thread!!!!! I love the way it's going and going in all directions. Kathy, your post is hilarious. Not to mention Mikey V's.

Kathy, OMG, I think this could be a screenplay!! Do you know anyone who could play the part of you? OMG--YOU COULD! <slaps forehead> What am I thinking>???!!! And, there's WAM, WAM, the Writer Man (eh, that's all I could come up with), the beautius Becat, Haven to the Harried Nonsleeper, Charlene the Charming, and Moonlight (her name is perfect!). Then, don't forget Lyndarae the Fair (Hey I'm running out of ideas here!). I think I got everyone. If I didn't, just let me know and you'll get a name too (or maybe you'd rather NOT have a name--wouldn't blame you!).

This is just too funny! Thanks guys!

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

You guys are just too hilarious! You know why I love you, you just jump right in the middle of my silliness and run with it.

Yes, it is I--The Winged (or is that Winded) Angel of the Cultural Infidels!! I fly erratically throughout the night (because I have to haul that d#@! CPAP machine with me!) without a fear because I know the mighty forces of all the CI's are right beside me...somewhere. We are few but mighty in our determination to kick SLEEP WELL MAN to his senses. No more will we live in fear of his ridicule, his disbelief, his STUPIDITY!!! He will come to know and fear the Cultural Infidels.

But first guys, we need to get this a little more organized. I mean, flying through the air with a CPAP machine is NOT a glamorous image. We need to come up with a snappy costume, I need to lose a bunch of weight and have a boob job and let the hair grow so it can stream silkily through the breeze. We also need to know for sure who is on board with this thing so that our secret passwords don't get back to SLEEP WELL MAN!!

Bring on the ideas.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

The Winded CI, I think not......

But ok, maybe the CPAP machine is the wrong weapon, your right, it's nto sexy enough at all. The theme should be blue and gold or yellow, however you see the Foundation's colors of choice.

I'm in, but also need to shed a few pounds, I'm not going for the surgery though, I have socks and will stuff. Oh, Oh, I also want a basket or puch, whatever, to throw or sprinkle, whatever, sleeping dust around the sleepless. Could I be a mistress as well.

and No Charlie's angels outfits, I hate those one piece suits! Gross, they are always made out of double knit from the 60s & 70s YUCK!

Lyndarae should be our Mistress of Magic! Powers not known to the normal non CI......
Randy and Mike, need some nice getups too!

Jan I thought the same thing of Randy The Writer.
Mike The Trucker.

Jannie the Poet!

Ok, who else here?

Lynne LOL LOL LOL :D

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

This is a great post. Just love it. Should I sign it Charlene aka Charlene the Charming LOL
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

As Jannie the Poet, I DO get a cute outfit, don't I? Please, not one of those matronly (although I am a tad bit matronly <sigh>) costumes with a big pointed hat. "Nay! NAY!", say I. "I must have a flowy costume. YES! I said FLOWY! (I'm the poet, deal with it!) A dress made of gossemar, like the angel I am...." hehehehe <laughs and exits stage right>

<Shakes head and comes to my senses???> Sorry, guys, I got a little bit carried away. And, I know I didn't spell "gossemar" right (second time I got it wrong!).

I forgot, Lyndarae, Mistress of Magic Powers.. PERFECT! And, Kathy...I have to admit, the CPAP machine ain't the sexiest thing this side of the Mississippi. Hmmmmmmmm. Hey! Mistress Lyndarae can sprinkle you with some of her magic potent and you won't NEED the stupid CPAP machine! <Like I said, I'm the poet--I make things up in some of my poems--just go with me, here--just go with me!)

Well, off to bed with my poor, RLS riddled body. Off to a restful (HA!) night's sleep. Hey, if I can't dream while asleep, I'll dream this way! haha

Goodnight, my sweet friends. CI's one and ALL!

Love
Jan

mikeyvon

Post by mikeyvon »

Hi there to everyone,

Wow, I never thought that Cultural Infidel thing would be such a hit. I'm glad you all enjoyed it, but unfortunatly it's not of my creation (just another reason I can claim the title CI. I got it from the Jimmy Buffet song "Cultural Infidel". It's a pretty clever song if you get a chance to hear it sometime. It's funny, even though I've tried hard over the years to cram some culture into my brain, on the "Cultural Infidel-O-Meter" I still rank pretty high.

See what ya started Jan. You write one little poem now everyone knows i'm a CI.

Have a great weekend

love mike

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

All that listening to NPR, my friend, and Cultural Infidel you're not!

I can't help with culture, but to ensure you are not also a geography infidel, check out this cute little game....

http://www.travelpod.com/traveler-iq/game1

I won't divulge my score until I've greatly improved it, lol. So, no taunting!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

Shhhhhhhhhh! Mike The Great, our leader is speaking! :o

:shock: What we have music already for the taking, well that should become the song of choice and surely some dancing, we will be dressed up, right?

We'll throw a ball to begin the inductions, powers should be proven, but eeennnnhhhh, whatever, you can just tell us. We're good. Until we need you to fill in your part. Then your powers have to show.

Everyone can join, but please assume a name or ask to be titled. It's a CI thing, I'm sure yu understand.

Jannie the poet, your dress will rock when we dance, all flowy. Ewwww ahhh.

I can't wait to see what the Winded or Winged, yeah, yeah, the Winged Angel, she will be certain to wear her party clothes. Have you ever seen her hat collect? oh My!

Boys, we are waiting for you to fill in your part. Before we start the ball you have a choice, play or we will use you anyway!

One of the CI, not saying which one. LOL

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

OKAY HOLD THE PHONE HERE!!!! I shall be MISTRESS OF MAGIC POWERS FAIRY, and with that title I will share my special blend of fairy dust, sparlky... and bling -bling all over the CPAP machine woo wooing the CI's with my charm and, suduce them with my magic powers, And yes Jan must have the grandest outfit of all, as she will be the sweet talker and becat the no bullshitter, and allof the rest of us ..................well I think we have become a gang and yes a name and secert password is in order, but must be avaliable to me at all times as I loose and foget where I hide things from myself, Jan must have glendas dress the good witch kathy has the slippers we are all over this a force to be reckend with,we can fly around dropping little ants sparkled with a little fairy dust on those GATEKEEPERS just enough that they have the rls symptoms a few nights and then they will have little fairy chips put into them that reprogram their way of helping us rlsers............dang I think a CI car just pulled up out front I must fly now and stash my fairy dust,THEY ARE COMMING TO TAKE ME AWAY NOW THEY ARE COMMING TO TAKE ME AWAY...............THERES
NO PLACE LIKE HOME THERE'S NO PLACE LIKE HOME 330am is such a special time in the morning for me my good friend tinkerbell always stops by for tea with just enough fairy dust in it to make us get up and shake our groove thing ya ya, ok I think the fairy dust is starting to work now as I fly over my bed looking down on myself, ya she is starting to go into the dream world ((((((((((woah did I type this or was it Mistress of Magic Powers fairy)))))))))))))))) could some one tell me, oh I am a cultural infildel, not to worry tho the man behind the door is stoned on fairy dust, I got carried away, but he was soooooooooooo cute!!!!! Peace out our gang until our next mission(((((((((about 5 minutes))))))))))) just ring my bell..........................
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Okay, first everyone that wants to join must pass the test on the Cultural Infidel-O-Meter. Just so we know where you stand. Mike, you are in charge of that. It doesn't matter if you have any cultural leanings or not (although I know we all do) it's just part of the whole CI club thing. and Mike, we don't care that you got that whole thing from somewhere else, you brought it to us and we are running with it. Thank you because I needed a good laugh and funny project to work on. So, we need everyone to sign in with their CI name to begin with as well as a description of your costume (in blues and golds).

So far we have Lyndarae--Mistress of Magical Powers; Mike, who is our own Wizard of the Cultrual Infidels; Charlene the Charming; and myself as the Winged Angel. Jan and Becat, you've got to come up with a fancy name. Randy, you'd best chime in on this nonsense or we will be forced to come after you.

I thnk our secret passwords should be something like "Holy Moon and Stars". But that's open for suggestions.

I see Charlene more in the "Glinda the Good Witch" outfit only in dark blue with gold stars. Jan, come up with what you want as long as it's flowing seductively. Becat, you want to be a mistress? Of whom? LOL Since I'm going to be losing all that weight and getting the new hooters, I'm thinking maybe something more like Tinkerbell wore except there's no place to hide the CPAP. WAIT!!! HOLD THE FAIRY DUST!!! If I'm flying, I'm not sleeping (yeah, right) so I don't NEED the CPAP!!! Still have to have the ruby slippers though.

Mike needs a true wizards cape with moons and stars and a big wizard's staff that shoots light to dazzle SLEEPS WELL MAN.

Don't know about the rest of you but I'm having a blast. If you want in or out, now's the time to tell us!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

Holy Moon and Stars!

Ok, the Mistress thing was a bit out there for me. Heck One man is enough or more than I can handle most days!

LOL Ruby said Hooters! LOL

Yes, your right you need the ruby slippers, but better yet, RUby Go Go boots! hmmm? yeah. totally hip and cool.

I really like the Haven to the Harried Non Sleepers thing, but if not Mistress, What..? Princess! ? ! you know I have the tiara. Dang, I wished I had bought the good one whe I had the chance. I knew I'd need it.
Anyway, being from Texas, and as one friend said about me.....I want 6-shooters and yes I want 2, with the hip holster!
whammo, this means weight loss for this kitten too!, Those holsters never look good with a poofy skirt. :roll:

Ok, 6 shooters, a tiara, and something "that fits well". Yes, In blue and gold. Ok. Where Project runway when you need them?

This is the time for all who wish to join to make yourselves know!

Signing off so that I can redesign the garb I will have to wear!

:D :D :D

(Honestly the laughter is doing more for me than the meds. right now!
Lynne

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Okay........sounds like we're off and running. Just waiting for MORE of our RLS FRIENDS (that means EVERYONE WHO HAS, IS, OR WILL BE ON THIS BOARD) to join in the fun.

Now, name for me <tapping forehead> Hmmmmmmm. Jannie the Poet was mentioned, and that's okay, but isn't "flowy" at all....or seductive. And, at 60, I need all the help I can get! LOL Hmmmmmmm I'm up for any and all suggestions. HELP! HELP! My brain is fried. Someone name me, please.

I'll be back on later....

Jan the ? or Jannie the ????? <sighing>

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi there

okay i've got a name for what its worth..... moonlight .....".godess of the moon" ...and i'm wearing pale blue flowing robes edged in gold and diamonds...but i'm not telling what length they are .. he he .
That is for the imagination!!

godess of the moon :P :P
sleep is not only a dream

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Hey Moonlight!!!

Glad to have you aboard! What a beautiful name. Now, I have to think of a good name, too.

Talk to you later!

Hugs
Jan

becat

Post by becat »

LOL Moonlight, length! LOL Ok, we'll see it when we take the group picture, yeah surprises! LOL

Jan the Flowy Wonder with words?

LOL

This is really cracking me up, we could take this one one the road for all the little conventions! LOL