Important (Really!); Please read

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Important (Really!); Please read

Post by ViewsAskew »

The moderators started talking about a couple of recent incidents (no problems that we know of) and decided that it would be a good idea to provide some very basic Internet Safety information.

We've put a short list of things that each of us here can (and probably should) do to ensure that are personal security our computers, and even ourselves are safe.

Follow this link http://bb.rls.org/viewtopic.php?t=5583 . It can't hurt and may help more than you'll ever know.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

PLEASE READ

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Folks, I am so... not technological!!
Following your notice about security I decided I should amend my Profile, and as my registered email address had my first and second name on it, I created a new email address and entered it on my Profile. Of course when I then went to the Forum I could not 'get on'. In my confusion I did not think to look at my new email address, and I re-registered, using a slight variation of my name, thinking this was the only way to make contact with the Forum. Of course when I eventually thought that maybe... just perhaps.... I should just take a look at my new email address, there it was, a message from the Forum to reactivate my account (because I had made a change) duh... :oops:
I then got on OK.

As my ativar has my full name under the photo, I was thinking that perhaps also I should change that, or at least remove my surname. But when I go to the Profile, I don't see an option where I can change that.
Can you tell me how to remove my surname, or can a moderator do it for me.
Thank you, sorry to be a nuisance.
:roll: Betty :roll:

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Sorry, name is over the photo
:oops: :oops: :oops:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Betty, I am so glad you read it and decided to make some changes. While most people never have any problems, it's wise to be careful.

Your name is over your profile because that is your "screen name". If you PM me, I can alter your screen name for you. You just need to decide what you want it to be. For example, Lynne uses "becat" which has some meaning to her. So, you could use a name that isn't related to your name at all. On the other hand, Jan uses only her first name. That is also valid. On another forum, I go by "Jane" as I wanted to ensure my anonymity.

Hope this helps.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thank you for your help, Anne, I have pm'd you.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation