Today's the big day....

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Neco

Today's the big day....

Post by Neco »

Having my molar out at 1:30.... eeeshh... I hope they give me some Tylenol #3 I don't have the methadone to spare, and I already have a new script from my doc that is dated Feb 7th :?

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Good Luck, Zach. You can do it!

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hey Zach, you have my sympathy!!
Yesterday my back tooth which had been a little troublesome, and the dentist thought there was a crack, but couldn't fine one, well the tooth sheared off at the gum.. Amazingly the pain has gone. So appointment is in 2 weeks probably for a root canal and a crown. Let's hope the pain stays away until then.

In the meantime, good for you. It should nearly be sorted by now.
Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Neco

Post by Neco »

It was over before I knew he had even started really pulling... hehe.... I did get some T3 (#20) though I tried to lie to them and say I was taking nothing, I finally told the dentist himself, and explained I don't like telling people I take methadone because they get the wrong idea..

But he understood.. I thought I'donly get 10 or 15, heh. Oh well. I just hate the bleeding, I wish it would stop... YUCK

and I can't smoke :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

DO NOT SMOKE!!!!

I did...and ended up with dry sockets. The root canal and the pain leading up to it is NOTHING compared to dry sockets.

While you are at it...use this as an excuse to quit smoking 8) Think of it...you have to one day...why not today????

Of course, I can only say that because I quit...and in honest self-disclosure it took me almost 15 years to stop after I made the decision to to so :roll:
Last edited by ViewsAskew on Sat Jan 26, 2008 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Polar Bear wrote:Hey Zach, you have my sympathy!!
Yesterday my back tooth which had been a little troublesome, and the dentist thought there was a crack, but couldn't fine one, well the tooth sheared off at the gum.. Amazingly the pain has gone. So appointment is in 2 weeks probably for a root canal and a crown. Let's hope the pain stays away until then.

In the meantime, good for you. It should nearly be sorted by now.
Betty

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I hate it when that happens. Yes, I sure hope the pain doesn't come back.

And Zach, congratulations on getting the tooth out. And by the time you can smoke again, the cravings should be gone, so yeah, quit now! Before you get old and wrinkly and your heart gives out and you can't breathe because you have emphysema. It blows my mind when I see young people smoking. People didn't use to know better, buy your generation?

OK, lecture over.
Susan

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Zach glad that it went well for you. I am in agreement with the rest NOW IS THE TIME TO QUIT SMOKING. I am sure you are saying "yeah that is easy for then" it has been 34 yrs since I quit smoking and feel so much better.

I know one thing is that you have to want to quit so the ball is in your park. I just hope you make the right decision.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Did you put it underneath you pillow?

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I quit when I was 21, but I got stressed out at the start of 2007 and wentback to it.. I really don't know when I'll quit again, but if it's any consolation they told me to wait 24 hours, so I've only just had one.. Which is good enough for me, I was stressed out and smoking a pack a day leading up to this.

I didn't get the tooth back or anything, so nothing under the pillow (a bit old for that) either.. Though I feel a certain amount of regret, like I have lost a part of myself that can't even come back :?

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Z, We're never too old and who knows.......Glad things went well, my friend.

M.

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Glad for you Zach.
Good to hear it went well.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Glad you're pain free.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation