What is this board to you?

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

ditto
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

azira

Post by azira »

Ditto x 2

And a serve of crispy bacon to go please :)

Interesting read, this thread; being a newbie and all.

Equally interesting that Taz or whoever that is likes to have the last word.

becat

Post by becat »

No I mean let's really stop this.

Azira, welcome to the board.

As someone that is new, I honestly hope you understand that this has been an upsetting time for many of us here and honestly, it's not fair to pick someone out of the crowd you don't really know yet or all the ends and outs behind what you might have read here....your first time around.

I hope you are able to get as much out of the board as so many of us here do. I look forward to getting to know you and posting back and forth.

But Please, let's let this go away.

Lynne
MODERATOR.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Hello Azria............Welcome to the board, sorry you might have rls thats why your here???? BUt welcome to the family. almost didnt see you in this thread but wanted to welcome you none the less, feel free to post anything about yourself so we can get to know you or if you have any questions we are here for you take care~~~~~~~Lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

Hi A and welcome. How about a post in the New to RLS section (if you like) and let us get to know you and give you a proper welcome.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Azira, hope you get all the information you need to help you on this site.

Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

azira wrote:Ditto x 2

And a serve of crispy bacon to go please :)

Interesting read, this thread; being a newbie and all.

Equally interesting that Taz or whoever that is likes to have the last word.

Interesting that someone would make their introductory post with a jab at a longtime member.
So, I will "stick up" for Taz and tell Azira that he or she shouldn't judge someone here from one Thread.
You're "ditto-ing" a comment to get past all the disagreement and nastiness. So let's do that.

Randy

azira

Post by azira »

How quickly people jump to comclusions and assupmtions simply due to a "date" and the number of posts under a member's name. It's as though those two numbers represent your "status" on the board. I didn't realise this place had become a dictatorship!

I've been cruising through here since early 2005, gathering information on remedies and medications to take to my doctor and to help with my situation.

It was once the Mods came into being that my "registration" disappeared. Because I'd not made a post, my name was wiped from the memberlist.

If this Tazzer person wants to have a childish go at me, by all means, let her.

Never assume.

becat

Post by becat »

Azira,

If one of the mods made a mistake and deleted you, I'm assure you it was JUST a mistake. We would have been glad to help you get your name and log in information if asked. Being that we are human, we do make mistakes. We certainly apologize for any we make in the signing up process.

If your an old friend, please feel free to remind us of your old name. I've been here since early 2004, we might remember one another.

With that said:

I've asked nicely before and asking again, Please do not attack our members. It's not the best way to start out here and if you continue then maybe we need to ask, WHY do you wish to fight?

That Tazzer person is a friend of mine and I don't care for you picking a fight witth her with her at all. She works for our community in many ways and has had great fun with many of us on the board. She's done nothing to you.

Like I said this thread is due to a couple of very stressful and emotional weeks for our board here, we do not need any more of it.

I think the board has been through enough without anyone picking fights.

Not acceptable and I would thank you for not posting what seems to many of us, as a personal attack.

Lynne

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

ok azira or whoever you really are, first off don't lie....you said in your first post taking a shot at me that you were a newbie! well are you are aren't you? now you say you have been around since 05....if you are trying to bait me into an arguement....guess what i am not going to give it to you....but i will warn you....you push me too far i will.

Next time before you get your panties in such a wad check what you said in your last post......newbie! NOT! :roll: :roll:

at least we children tell the truth!

dee

ps. holy crap i just realized you said this place had become a dictatorship....what i have been arguing all along.....so see if you would have read all my post you would see we agree on that and you wouldn't feel so stupid right now would you.....that is a riot am i right folks is that what i have been saying and getting my butt blasted....dang my sides hurt now.... :lol: :lol: so perhaps i was wrong and you are just a lurker....and not one of us in this pissing match, cause if you were you wouldn't have agreed with me and then be all in my face.

ok i'm done....but you gotta admit that was funny
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Dee it's possible that both are true. S/he did have a membership. I remember the name. But, s/he never posted. So, s/he's a newbie to posting on the site, but not a newbie to the site itself.

Dee and Azira - this is far from a dictatorship. If it was --and I have been on boards like that--none of these posts would be here. Dee, you would have been banned :P . Heck, I probably would have been, too :lol:.

Simple. Now, both of you---Lynne's asked you and I am asking you. Please stop. What is this accomplishing? Nothing productive.

Azira, (and everyone who reads but doesn't post), here's what happened regarding the registrations. When the mods were added, the techie person at the foundation started cleaning up the memberships - we had all these spammers on the rolls. After that we continued to do it. At first, anyone who hadn't posted in a specifed time was deleted, but we soon realized that some people do read, but don't post. So sorry that you were one that was deleted in those initial purges when we were trying to figure out how to handle all of that.

Now, the first of the month usually, we only delete the people who never visit after they first sign up. So, if someone visited even one time, they wouldn't get deleted, ever. No one has to worry about that again.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

A note from Lynne, Ann, Susan, & Mark:

This thread has become what is, in our best opinion, one that has become generally counterproductive and injurious to the Board. The thread topic is "What is this board to you?" We have gone way beyond that. Locking the thread is a consideration. We sincerely do not want to do that as it puts the onus for restraint on the Moderators rather than the individual responsibility of each member. It has been said that the Board can restrain and manage itself. We would like to leave this thread open believing and trusting that premise to be true and that additional posts to this thread will be reasonably on topic.. We are respectfully asking that the membership take these comments in the sincere and conciliatory color they are intended.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

tazzer

Post by tazzer »

you know what ann....i had stopped , when i posted my last post to aiken on this thread and i was fully intending on not posting on this thread again...but when someone singles me out...weeelllll....i thought about it and didn't reply to that persons first post....but then i get hit with the next post...

like i said this is a pissing match, and it's getting old and boring....because it's obvious that none of us are going to change our minds....and thats cool with me.....but if you don't want me to say anything then stop posting crap and fronting me.

i can have my opinion and it's not going to change....but i have said what i wanted to and if no one else names me in a post then you probably won't hear from me on this thread again!

and thank you lynne and randy....i appreciate it...

dee
I feel like a science project!!!

“The syndrome is so common that it should be known to every physician.”
Dr Karl Ekbom, 1945

lorabell

Being deleted

Post by lorabell »

don't feel bad. I tried to get on and wsa told I didn;t exsist , so I had to have a moderator get me back on.
It had been a long time since I had posted. no harm, no foul.
This falls into the catagory of ' these things happen".
Lorabell
aka'wowobl
Always remember, if you cut off your limbs, you'll have phantom rls and nothing to rub .LOL