Ruby/Jan/Southern IL

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Ruby/Jan/Southern IL

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yesterday at the gym I saw that Illinois and Missouri were expected to get hit with freezing rain. Having gone to college in that neck of the woods, I remember what a horrible thing that can be.

Are you both OK? Hopefully it either passed by you, didn't happen at all, or you are snuggled at home with heat and a good book, maybe a pet or two 8) .
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Reporting from southern Illinois--just an 1 SE of St. Louis. We have at least 1 1/2" ice--pure ice. It's a slippery mess, but it's supposed to warm up (mid-30's--they call THAT warm?) tomorrow, and a little bit warmer Sunday. So far, no one around us has lost power--it's not that bad. But south of here--not so lucky. My husband's been off work Thurs. and Fri. this week (he's in education) and Thurs. and Fri. last week. He'll be glad to get back to normal.

Who knows, though? By next week, we could be having tornados. Welcome to southern Illinois! :shock:
No one is alone who had friends.

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Jan and Ruby I hope that you are both ok. I know what it is like with the snow and ice storms as I am orginally from Mich. You both take care of yourselves.
OMG I hope no tornadoes. They scare the living daylights out of me.

Love you both.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

My prayers are that you both or all are in warm fuzzies, comfy robes and keeping safe and warm.

You could send it my way, I have grass growing already. UGH! I want a winter to kill the flu germs and the weeds.

Please ya'll push that down my way. LOL

Keep safe and warm.
Hugs
Lynne

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Man, I remember that grass in February in Texas. I move there the last weekend of February, 19XX (if I said when, you'd never believe me...besides, then you'd know how old I am :wink: ). I left a weekend much like this one. Ice storms in the south, snow, cold here. Windchills of 30 below.

I got there and there WAS GREEEN GRASS! Shortly thereafter, there were spring flowers.

I thought I was in heaven.

Until I was wilting in May with the air conditioning running 24/7....by August I was sure I'd rather have snow.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

See? that is what I'm saying, no winter is awful.

I hate to say that with most you up north freezing, but this is hard to not get a break.

(whine and cry) and winter months are my RLS break. None this year.

may have to winter with ya'll up north. LOL

Lynne

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Well, you are right, Lynne--cold weather does help kill the germs. It would have been horrible here if we hadn't had all that cold, I suppose--because, even with all that cold, flu is rampant here! Everyone is sick with one kind or another--some even on to round 3 or 4!

When I was sick the other day, Lynne, I think I must have had a bug. I thought it was my diverticulitis, but my friend, Barb (wife of the dentist I'm working for) now has what I had and I don't think my diverticulitis is contagious! LOL

I'd gladly send some of this crummy weather down your way if I could.

Hope you all have a nice weekend.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

I will gladly send you some Idaho snow too.............I am sick of it. And the cold has my whole body locked up frozen all the time Yeah Jan I hear ya girlfriend everyone I know is sick with something, I get flu shots for the last three years and they seem to work for me. Didnt help the H.plori tho. Still roughing that out probably should go see if its still renting my gut but have to get the first visit bill paid first, one thing at a time please~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Sorry I missed this post until now. We had lots of sleet, the roads were terrible but it didn't stick to anything else so no power outages. It melted pretty quickly, Saturday was up about 35 degrees then we were hit with 4 inches of snow Sat. night. Totally unexpected but it was one of those beautiful snows; big fluffy flakes that stuck to everything--just gorgeous! Kenny and I were out in it about midnight Sat. night checking on the cows and new calves. I didn't even mind having to get out and open the gates because it was so wonderful.

Thanks everyone for being concerned. Makes me feel special!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Glad that both of you (and anyone else in the area) were not terribly affected in any way. I mean beyond the general yuckiness of it all.

Managing Your RLS

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

becat wrote:may have to winter with ya'll up north. LOL

Lynne

Here's a funny email I got a few months ago about it "snowing" in Texas...

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

ACK!

I hate snow.
I want to be miserably HOT.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Good one, Hos! I could say more about men and how they measure but that might not be acceptable on here!

WAM, I HATE really hot weather. Our friendship is doomed!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

:shock:

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

8)