Extremely minor but...

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Sojourner

Extremely minor but...

Post by Sojourner »

I'm just dying for a cup of good old hi octane coffee. But, know if I do there will be the weeping and gnashing of teeth tonight and maybe several nights thereafter. Don't know if writing this makes me feel better or not. To make it worse, what I want to have the coffee with is two eggs (easy over), sausage (links) hash browns, slice of ham, two pancakes (blueberry) and lots of hot syrup. Decided to skip the toast. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! But, mostly I just want the coffee.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ummm....is there a reason you can't have it? Have I missed something?
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Sorry Mark, don't know what I'd do without my Cinnamon Dolce Latte from Starbucks. :) But the eggs and rest sound good too.

Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

If you have it early enough in the day, it should wear off by evening, no?

Or do you have all-day RLS that will be unbearable even when not trying to sleep?
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

Sorry M. That stinks. The RLS gods don't mind me having caffeine but that brings up another thread I'll start... Weird how some things affect this plague we have while other people can eat/drink it.

All the rest ...with eggs, sausage, etc. Why can't you have it? You one some diet? Bah! It's ok to splurge once in a while! :D :D :D :D

This post authorizes you to permission. Please print this ticket and give it to IHOP...

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Mark I know where you are coming from as if I have caffeine later on in the afternoon I pay for it dearly that evening. I do not like coffee but would love to have a cup of hot chocolate now and then but it is definitely not for me later on in the afternoon.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Gosh Hos, I had no idea you could write permission slips, hmmmm....I'll be working on my need list. Send it soon, my dear. LOL

Mark, I'm with ya. I know that with me, caffiene last a bit longer than 12 hours, but by 3-5 pm everyday, I want an eye opener. That seems to be my time, rested or not (ok, normally not) that I just need a nap.

Coffee is not easy on my stomach, but not so hard as a coke or Ice tea as far as caffiene.

I think it would make a great post, Hos. Go for it.

Mark, let us know how Hos's permission slips works. And I hope that you get that meal. Cook my eggs til nothing moves, though. LOL

Lynne

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

H, Thanks for the slip. I'll have to give it lots of thought, though. Funny, I can drink hot chocolate but not coffee. Must be a different kind of caffeine. Or, is it? I am sorry that so many are in the same boat. Maybe one day when I haven't slept and am still up at 6 am I'll use the slip. Till then it's fool me once shame on you (coffee), fool me twice......

Anyway, without the coffee the eggs and stuff just don't taste the same.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Yes Mark, it's a different form of "caffeine." Technically, the chemical in chocolate is theobromine; the chemical in tea is theophylline; and the chemical in coffee is caffeine. They are all closely related chemicals called methylxanthines. Did you know I used to work as a chemist for a major pharmaceutical company? :wink: Sorry you asked, huh?
Susan

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

SS, Say what!

M.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Everybody's somebody, huh? :)

That's cool, Susan. Please let me know when I'm talking out of my butt about chemistry. ;)
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Chemistry? Anyone who knows anything about chemistry is high in my opinion. But for me, caffeine is caffeine and I can't have any after 3:00 pm at the latest. I've been doing some reading about diet and what to avoid if you have fibromyalgia. Basically all I can eat is brussel sprouts and fish (baked). Yum, yum. I don't like either unless it's fish caught at the lake and fried with hush puppies.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Do I have a brussel sprout recipe for you....

Fresh sprouts, ony, though. Perfect in the fall and early winter when they are abundant.

Wash them, and cut them in half vertically, leaving a bit of the base/stem so that they won't fall apart.

Heat some olive oil (sure, use a few tablespoons, it's good for you!) in a frying pan - cast iron is best. When shimmering, add the halved sprouts. Cook at medium high heat for about 6-8 minutes, flipping them periodically so they don't burn. Add a bit of salt when finished and that is ALL you need. Truly.

They will get all caramelized - lovely brown bits on them. Yum. I could eat them by the boat load!

But, I can see the point of everyday....I love fish and brussel sprouts, but I just wouldnt' want them daily. Then again, I wouldn't want only chocolate, either. It's the variety that keeps me all excited!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Okay, you have made even brussel sprouts sound appetizing. I'll try it. Yeah, variety is the spice of life...but the variety I like is not good for me!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Mmmm Hush Puppies, ....
I was in Arkansas 2 years ago and was taken out to have Hush Puppies as a treat.... really good.

Will try the sprouts in the pan also.

Betty
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation