I hate snow

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Neco

I hate snow

Post by Neco »

It just snows like hell after being clear for the past week... ugh.
And some idiot who couldn't drive fishtailed so my brother clipped them, then he got rear-ended and the car is totaled.

He was buying a new car anyway but that won't be ready until may.. blah.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Yeah, we got dumped on today, big time. I was just getting used to taking the dog for long walks in nice weather. I'm not up to dealing with 6 inches of slushy, wet snow.

Now to mention all the people farther down the river who are dealing with massive flooding. My complain with it is just a matter of a bit of inconvenience, but for those who are literally being submerged by the melting snow it's a much bigger deal.
Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I, also, am sooooooo tired of the snow. In Chicago, it's the snowiest year in about 25 years (that's the only data I saw, so not sure if it's even longer) and we're just tired of it. Besides, it's also colder than normal, with less of those "odd" days where the temp takes a out of character leap and makes you feel that spring really could come early.

But, like Susan, I feel so badly for the many who are battling the flooding. All over the midwest....it's truly horrible.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

I used to live on the frozen tundra of the Canadian prairies.

Now I live in Seattle.

This is not a coincidence. ;)
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

The floods around here are horrible. Two people just 15 miles from where I live lost their lives this past week because they drove across water and, when their truck stalled, they were swept away in the strong current.

It's devastating for so many people. Some say this year's floods are worse than in '93. The Mo. State Highway Department even closed part of Interstate 44 west of St. Louis. I don't think that's ever happened before.

We had the inconvenience of water coming up through our concrete floor in office just off of our family room, soaking the carpet. The ground is so saturated with water because of the ice storms, snow and two days of rain. Locally, we got at least 10 inches of rain in 36 hours. Some places got as much as 15". Our inconvenience was nothing compared to the horrible losses of so many people.

Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

becat

Post by becat »

That was a heck of a storm.

We got rain, I mean RAIN! On Tues, I just turned off the computer, because of lightng. Huge lient strikes, that go BOOM 10 seconds later. I had all the furry family memebrs at my side, lol, or in my lap all day.

I would have loved to see the creek we walk along on our mightly 3.5 miles, but it never let up enough not to be a really bad idea go to out.

Today was the first day I could not hear our backyard draining.

I hope everyone is ok. Cold weather people, keep warm and cozy. Rained on people, keep safe and stay dry as possible.
Kathy I hope everyone your way is ok.

Hugs
Lynne

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

I am so sorry to hear about all the weather problems we are having. I will never understand mother nature and her fury on things and the way mankind has caused alot of these problems, one year its a drought and the next flooding.

It is something as humans we need to work on as far as our envirment goes. We all need to work on ways to make it better for the generations to come. It is also in many ways something that is out of our control. All we can do is try and be aware of how we contribute to earth in a good way and things we do thats not so good.

I too am tired of the snow and cold, but we need the water out here in Idaho..... The only thing I can do is beware of my actions towards mother nature and pray for those loosing their lifes and homes. I always try to keep a postive attitude because before I know it I will be thinking about how hot it is!!!! If its not one way its the other.

I will pray tonight for all of the people in the world who are suffering from weather conditions. I will pray that the sun comes out and things will get better before they get worse and be grateful that I am just cold and missrible from it all and that tomarrow is a new day, but also count my lucky stars because things could be alot worse for alot of people.

I know for a fact that this big full moon tonight has alot to do with everything~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Everyone and just read your posts and hope that you are all ok. I know the weather has been really bad back there.

Kathy I hope that you are ok as I saw the weather report last night about the all of the flooding in Missouri.

Everyone please keep safe and if you are able to get on your computers, please let me know everyone is safe. I do worry about my family.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Ann, this last bout of snow and cold is not nice at all is it?
I'm moving. That's it.
Brrrrrrrrrr.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

No, Randy. As we were out shopping today, it looked so bleak. It's almost April, for heaven's sakes. I know it's snowed in May before, but c'mon!

I also know that water is good...but this much as one time with no where to go isn't so good.

We made a decision two years ago that we were moving...as soon as other things are in order (probably 2-3 more years) we're so out of here.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

I'm dreaming of a white... er Easter?!!!
Just like the ones I never knew...

OMG, I'm not dreaming! It's a white Easter. And it's still snowing. OK, it's 8am, I've been up all night, maybe I'm hallucinating. I'm going to try to sleep now and hope that it's all a bad trip. :roll:
Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Err....if you're hallucinating, we're on the same bad trip. And, I thought that went out with the 60's, lol.

So sorry it's still snowing in MN. It stopped here and warmed up some, so the snow is melting. Unlike the witch, however, it's not happening as quickly as we'd like.

Managing Your RLS

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Here in N Ireland where we never see extremes, we had hail showers today. Didn't help that the electrics on son's car decided to play up and his car window had been open all night, car is kept outdoors!! After a couple of hours working at it the electrics the window still would not respond so he covered it up with plastic sheeting. Ten minutes later he walked past the car and the window was up :shock: :shock: When the electrics play up.... they play up.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation