ALL IN THE FAMILY!!!!!!

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Lyndarae I am so sorry for your loss. We had to put our 11 year old Manx/Maine Coon cat down 6 months ago and it was so hard to make that decision and deal with it initially. If there were other choices when it comes to the suffering of our pets I know we would all jump on the bandwagon.

Our cat, Spencer Jo, was a very active part of our family and is still missed. My heart and prayers go out to you.

Cyndi
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Oh that's so sad, Lyndarae. I'm so sorry. I have an 11-1/2 year old Golden-Irish dog (my avatar right now) who is getting, well, old. I know that day is coming and will be sad.

But even with the pain, I still wouldn't live without my critters.
Susan

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Oh Lyndarae I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your cat. I know what you are going through and it is tough. You know that we are all here for you and when you are ready to come and chat we will be waiting for you.

Love you my friend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

becat

Post by becat »

Still filling the moon and sending hugs and healing thoughts.

Lynne

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Thanks to everyone it has been a sad month riley went on April1st and then daisy on May 1st. So now I have no pets to talk to. BUt I don't believe in keeping a pet who is suffering and in pain , just for me. They were both left to me in their late years and I got a chance to spoil them a bit.

I am keeping busy, the weather is warming up, and I will be off fishing soon. Just wanted to let you guys know I am ok, and thanks for the well wishes~~~~~~~~~~~~Lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I know that we all feel differently about pets and what we should do to keep them alive. I respect you immensely for making that choice and know how hard it it to do.

In time, I'm guessing a new pet will find his or her way into your house....and heart.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

becat

Post by becat »

With you my sister and you have all my love and strength coming to you.

Lynne

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Thank you all...........believe me without all of your love,support and prayers I wouldn't have made it through as well as I did. I am fish sitting for one of my tenants for a week and the little buggers are pretty cool. I have a painting job comming up next month and looking forward to it. Spring has sprung and new beginings are every where.

I believe it's about my attitude with a good one I can get through just about anything, and have. I am still working on my first motorcycle, Alice she is having some problems and I am trying to fix them, I don't think she wants to leave. But my new motorcycle........riley, is looking good and so much fun to ride. For some reason I name my things. My car...ect...go figure!!!!

It's good to be back I was outta sorts there for a while, but you can't keep a good horse down for long???? What the **** do you think that means............ hmmmmmmmm I still have my spitfire in me.... thanks everyone and GOD BLESS~~~~~~~~lyndarae

becat

Post by becat »

I love your spirit so keep that up too, my dear friend.

Spring is sprung here as well, over and over again. AC on, AC off! LOL

Alice may be telling you she ain't done yet, and lol, Riley will get there when it's time.

BTW, Lyndarae, you have loved, prayed, and supported us so many times. You never need to say thank you, just having you back is great enough for me!

My hugs, a moon full of love, and continued supprt,
Lynne

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Howdy Folks.......
Just checking in, Went to the cabin a couple of times already but just got home again .last night went up by myself this time and had an awesome time, took up all the gear I will need and will be going up on my new motorcycle next time. Been riding through the mountains alot getting use to the bike. It has been beautiful. Got a full face helmet and the whole nine yards.

Am riding with over 1000 bikers tomarow to honor our vets and pow's.....am excited and it is quite the show with all those riders.
After being at the cabin for 3 days and then after my morning ride I came home and did some housework, and was feeling sleepy.

I laided down for a nap and I will tell you what............I have not slept like that in years, dream after dream .... one of those kinda naps where you can't wake up, you try but you just can't do it, finally I made myself wake up. I think the motorcycle rides are working for me. I am giving thanks for this nice sleep........well I can get it. Love ya all and have missed you~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Lyndarae glad that you checked in with us. Let us know how the bike ride goes tomorrow. What a nice thing to do.

Take care of yourself girlfriend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Motorcycle rides are really good therapy for me too Lyndarae. Especially if you have scenery like you're talking about, which I don't but I still find some back country roads with farms and cows and hills and fields and kick back and just ride away.
Around here, there's a few farms that grow mint; those are great fields to cruise by and I love the smell of corn in late summer. And then riding through cold spots and hot spots and sounds you never would notice or feel in a car when you're just trying to get from Point A to Point B.

Congrats on your new bike. I'm confused whether it's Alice or Riley.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

WAM..........Finally!!! Someone who gets it!!!! I can't tell you all the greif I get here because I like to ride. I have always felt great serenity on a bike, but I was always on the back going when and where someone els wanted. Now it's all about me.....

I saw and smelled so many things on my ride up buckskin and into Inkom it was fantastic, I had to pull over and just sit there for a while it was so quite all you could here were the birds. On the whole 40 minute ride I saw one car and two dudes on bikes.............

What a lot of people don't know is how much work you put into riding, when I get home I am so sleepy and I sleep like a baby.NOt only is it good for my soul, but my brain too. I actually use it LOL....

Little Dog Alice is the one I am trying to sale, no luck yet but I need to put her in the local paper. And the new one is Riley after my dog that just passed. I will be doing my first long ride 104 miles as soon as the rain stops. Right now I am getting alot of practice in.

The ride yesterday with the P.O.W. was heartfelt, thee wee about 200 bikes and it was raining cats and dogs, I was nervous with all those bikes and the rain blinding me but I did it.............Yeah YOU GO GIRL!!!! They carried all the flags up front and blocked off the main streets all the way through town it was cool.

So the party is over for a few days and it's back to work........you all know what I am talking about. GOD BLESS ~~~~~~~~Lyndarae

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Lyndarae, you are so right about that feeling. Bikes (motorized or not), horses, rides at carnivals....that feeling of the wind in your face is exhilerating. And, riding a motorcycle is tiring - not sure what that is. Sort of like being at the beach all day. The sun, the wind..

Randy, I used to do poker runs in your neck of the woods....sponsored by some car dealership off of Route 30. I had a little Honda 350; what fun that was.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

We picked up my little speedboat over the weekend, but didn't get out in it cuz' the weather was pretty dicey, Killer tornado a few miles up the road and all. :shock:

But yes, I love the speed of the boat, the spray of water, the wind and the sun... It totally puts my head back together when I've lost perspective on things. Now, If summer comes back, I'll be out in the speedboat. Oh yeah, that's exhausting as well. I think its the fresh air and sunshine, coupled with being bounced all over for hours.

Gotta love it.
Susan