Please not again

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
moonlight

Please not again

Post by moonlight »

Morning everyone :(

The sun is shining , it is a lovely day.
I feel a bit iffy, had a bad anxiety attack last night and mood dropped , but managed to climb out and get back on track although today I am exausted and my mood feels not so good.
I don't want it to drop any more I feel a bit strange , tearful and shaky, I don't want to return to the dark place ,please don't let me go back,I have another fight on my hands 20 good days I have to keep going ,I have to get there ,I need the good feelings.

huggles
moonlight :cry:
sleep is not only a dream

Neco

Post by Neco »

Anxiety and panic attacks are very serious and should be treated. The key is to treat it as a seperate condition, and in this case you should tell at least somebody about it..

Have you taken anti-anxiety meds before?

You could try something more "natural".. Some calming tea, or even some 5-HTP (it ssomething closely related to tryptophan if I remember), as that is said to have relaxing /Anti depressive/anxiety effects.. (don't take too much though or you'll get wicked nausea or projectile you know what)

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Zach

I am getting treated for anxiety, panic and depression, was doing good . Am off my anxiety meds, have been for 10 days and been okay but last night and today don't feel good. At the moment I'm calm but low and scared, I really really don't want to go down the road I've just been down,again.
What is 5-HTP, couldn't find any info on the web?

Huggles
moonlight :cry:

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Zach

Had another look and found 5-HTP under tryptophan, there was a lot to read but i have found out a lot of info which may be quite usefull,on tryptophan in your diet helps seratonin levels and melatonin levels in your brain. So am going to look at my diet .
Thanks

huggles
moonlight :)

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

moonlight--

May I ask why you stopped taking your anxiety meds? I don't recall if you normally have anxiety or if this is in response to the upheaval in your life. If you normally have some anxiety, then...

Those of us who have built-in anxiety problems, be they constant or cyclic, cannot really be cured. We can mask it with meds, and sometimes we can mask lesser outbreaks with careful behavior patterns, but all in all, our brains are what they are.

If you found that your anxiety meds worked for you, and if they're the kind of meds that can be taken long-term, you might want to consider them a permanent part of your life. If they're not the kind you can take long-term, then maybe look into the kind you can.

I finally stopped fighting the notion that my brain was broken and couldn't be fixed by willpower alone, and life is a lot better now.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Moonlight, I know that your anxiety meds have some side effects that you don't like, but you may just need to take them in order to feel better. Or ask the doctor about other anxiety meds. Some conditions do not magically go away, even though you're feeling better. Maybe you were feeling better BECAUSE of the meds? It's all a big tradeoff. You can try to muscle through life without meds, and end up feeling horrible. Or you can take the meds and have some undesirable side effects, but generally feel good.
Susan

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Aiken, I do suffer all the time from anxiety it has been a problem all my life , but is so much worse now.

The depression also from when i was fourteen but has got much worse .
Susan and Aiken I came off the meds as i reaserched them and found out
that they reduce the amount of melatonin produced in your brain to an extent that it can affect sleep and may lead to dementia or altziemers later on , well I freaked and discussd this with my dr who said that is correct, I think I need something different as my anxiety and panic has not been good for the last couple of days.

Susan I think you are correct by saying that i was feeling good because of the meds, got nother appointment with dr on 25, see how I get on till then.

huggles
moonlight :)

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Would you mind saying which meds you were using? You might not be the only one who would want to consider switching to something else if those are the potential long-term effects.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Aiken

The meds I was using was propranolol, I had been looking into effects of various drugs that were possibilities to take but was finding that different forms of cancer was a long term possibility so I refused them .I am very paraniod about taking anything. I went on to propranolol when I couln't think strait, didn't know what I was doing and didn't care if I lived or died, but now a different story.
I hope i havent worried or upset anyone as I know when we are desperate we don't think of the future we just want to live the best life we can.

huggles moolight :?

waterloo2

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi Moonlight

As you know I know about Anxiety/Depression girl oh I do so, im struggling too with mine at the moment I came off my anxiety meds doc put me on wasn't doing anything and when I took three at night I got the tremors I sure don't need anymore of those. Am also struggling with my Neuralgia the side effect on the med she gave me was "Blackout" god I don't need those either....lol. So I came off those oh geez I can't win. Moonlight are you on any anxiety/depression meds at the moment or not. Im going to doc this coming thursday and my Physio rung me back going next Monday im getting my headaches though because of my neck problem which is also one of my Neuralia places (sorry to go on about my probs moonlight) im dreading tonight going to bed again!!!

Love gill :P

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Gill

No need to appologise, you have problems and need to speak about them and if I can help I will.What anxiety meds were you on?
I'm not on any now and have stopped shaking at night, I only do now when i get anxious or panicky, I was getting really bad with shaking during the day and at night so bad i either could'nt sleep or got woke up with them.

Have you thought of accupuncture ? I am thinking bout it just now , hope NHS do it as I couldn't afford it otherwise.
I have appt on Monday at pain clinic so I may ask there and see if they know, been suffering bad with arthritis in hip for last three weeks bet it's ok by Monday LOL.I am also seeing them bout RLS and a pain I get in my neck since my fall when mountain climbing in Oct last year.

My mood has been amazingly ok , up and down but not too bad ( only occasionaly very low) but I've got back up quite quickly I'm pleased to say.I was a bit worried about moods when I came off meds.

I got word from dr I'm back on iron again, maybe thats why the RLS is back...slept last night ..but the previous one was a nightmare..So here we go to all the effects of taking iron again , but it's better than having the RLS.

huggles
moonlightx

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

M and G,

You two hang in there. Prayers for you both.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.