A Wish for Women

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Rubyslipper

A Wish for Women

Post by Rubyslipper »

If you guys want to read this it's fine. I just want to say a special thank you to all the women I know on here for their love and caring. Yes, Mother's Day is tomorrow but this goies beyond being a mother. I just told a friend that sometimes I think Mother's Day should be spent with other female friends. Not to take away from family gatherings, but to really be able to enjoy and appreciate what it takes to be a mother. Maybe not always in the technical sense but as someone who simply cares about another person and wants to make life better for them. We need to let each other know that it is all worth it. Enjoy the day in the company of others who understand us and the nurturing we do.

At any rate, I want to wish all women on here a happy Mother's Day. No matter who you are, there is mothering in your soul and I thank you for that.

Ruby
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

Re: A Wish for Women

Post by ctravel12 »

Rubyslipper wrote:If you guys want to read this it's fine. I just want to say a special thank you to all the women I know on here for their love and caring. Yes, Mother's Day is tomorrow but this goies beyond being a mother. I just told a friend that sometimes I think Mother's Day should be spent with other female friends. Not to take away from family gatherings, but to really be able to enjoy and appreciate what it takes to be a mother. Maybe not always in the technical sense but as someone who simply cares about another person and wants to make life better for them. We need to let each other know that it is all worth it. Enjoy the day in the company of others who understand us and the nurturing we do.

At any rate, I want to wish all women on here a happy Mother's Day. No matter who you are, there is mothering in your soul and I thank you for that.

Ruby

Hey Ruby I just want to say "Happy Mother's Day to you too. I wish that we could all get together but we will be in spirit. Have a great day as you a super person and know that you are a "super mom"
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Ruby

What a teriffic post! You are so right that you don't have to bear children to be a mother (or have children). I know so many women who have been nurturers to me and others....many right here on this site.

Women sometimes have a competitiveness between them that interferes with our ability to see what a gift we have in each other. Although we are all different, we all have a built-in capacity that makes us care for each other in a "motherly" way. I am blessed to know all of you here on this site.

I wish all of you a wonderful day!

Love
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

Thanks Ruby.............You are a blessing!!!
For me yet another Mother's Day come and gone with no word.....NOTHING from both of my daughters!!!! Last year I sent them both Mother's Day cards and didn't hear if they got them or not.

This year I am stronger in spirit. And got through the day keeping busy and wishing others a happy day. I know in my heart that I was a good mother, and still am, if my daughter choose to ignore me that is their choice. One they will have to live with. I raised them better BUT!!! I suppose their new stepmom is the one they send cards to now.

Anyway, I decided to honor myself and went fishing(caught 10, rainbow, and koho samon) had them for dinner last night and they were delious. The mountians still had snow on them but it was a warm sunny day and beautiful to the eye. I took Riley ashes up and left them in the cabin we will be speading them over the fourth.

I am sitting here looking out my window as it snows on the tulips......Yeah you heard me it is snowing again. MOTHER NATURE.........what a women she is always changing her mind........snow,sun,rain???? hmmmmmmmm what shall we have today.

I hope all of you had wonderful day's and more to come. GOD BLESS~~~~~~~lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

yes, happy mother's day to everyone. Here in UK we had mother's day in March, but every day is mother's day in some fashion. Getting to know everyone on this site over the last 18 months or so, I reckon us mamas rock!! (Even if we don't sleep). :wink:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

And Lyndarae.... I daresay the day will come when your daughters will have cause to have a long think about their attitude.

If they arrived at your door, I'll bet you'd say Hi, and put the kettle on!!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

becat

Post by becat »

Hi Everyone.

Rubyslippers, you were on spot with this post. As ususal! :wink: I love your post my dear, it speaks to my heart and of yours!!!!!

I recently told a dear friend of mine that did not chidren of her own, that she was a born mother. She proves it in her actions and her heart. All the time.

Wow, what a totally cool thing to post. And, I think the same way about men. So many don't get credit for how they Father and support people. It may not be done like woman, but it's every bit as important. Here's to the Dads in our mist here as well.
Ok, LOL, I'm not trying to steal from the girls here, but just think all the "oldtimers"............was Jumpy the greatest Dad around here for the longest time? What wonder he gave to all of us, action, and choices.

Miss Ruby, your are a woman I am so proud to call my friend. My sister from another Mister and MRS.! :D :D

Love you all.
Lynne

cmoore1958

Post by cmoore1958 »

Ruby,

You are so thoughtful and speak with your heart always. You hit it right on sista! We are all women and we all nurture each other every single moment of every day. The bond we all have is unbreakable by anyone.

I thank you for the wishes and send them right back at you and to all the other many, many friends/moms I've met since January on this site.

You are definitely a friend that I treasure!

Love ya bunches girlfriend!
Cyn
Even when we are by ourselves, we are never truly alone.

My motto: It's MY pitty-party and I'll vent if I want to.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Wow, just the friendships I needed today. I'm no one special but I certainly feel special with all the friends I have here, both male and female. No matter the problem or joy, there are always those of you who are there to lift me up or celebrate with me. I only hope I can live up to the standards!

Love you all for all you do.

Ruby
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Ruby you will have no problems living up to the standards. You are one "special" lady and love you for it.

Thank you for doing this post.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time