Kenny Rogers

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Snowbound, I'm glad you posted that, 'cuz even though I probably read it the first time, I had certainly forgot about it. You know, that sleep deprivation thing. Some days I can't talk coherently, and I write things backwards all the time. One day, a couple years ago, I was at the doctor and I literally couldn't remember my name or address to fill out the forms. I had to pull out my drivers license. :roll:

I'm glad you had fun at the concert, PB.
Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

snowbound wrote:Thanks for the kind words ladies. :)

I have had problems the last year or so sometimes processing even the simplest things... I have to watch now how i write because i seem to put things down sort of in reverse of how they should be. It's all very strange and worrying.

I am in line for a promotion at work this year and am worried about accepting it now with the issues iam having with thought process and such...

That's why were here - those kind words! I'd wither away without them, lol.

The words - I am dyslexic half the time, the other half I can't FIND the words I want. At one point, long ago, I was a good writer - now? I'm lucky if my sentences make sense half the time. I often forget the words that would make it make sense. I re-read it and wonder how I thought that what I wrote would be understood....

Min-rant over...
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

With regard to memory and confusion, I so relate to what you are saying.

Its like ---- Did I take that pill, or did I intend to take it?
Normally my daily allowance is in a little container, but if I don't do this, I just can't remember....

I read a page, then read it again. Instructions are the worst and I end up feeling stupid as I read and re-read again and again.

I am presently working my redundancy notice in work, recession and all that. Work finishes in May, and in June when i am 60 I get the government pension. That is fine but I had felt I wasn't just ready to give up work altogether, a couple of days would have been nice, but not to be. There is no way that I feel I can learn the new ways in a new firm, even if there was a job available. I know I am not stupid, but sometimes it feels like it, and oh boy...... the confidence just ebbs away....
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear, you nailed it. It really has an affect on your sense of who you are and how you do in the world.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

snowbound

Post by snowbound »

ViewsAskew wrote:Polar Bear, you nailed it. It really has an affect on your sense of who you are and how you do in the world.

I couldn't agree more. I have gone through all the the same situations mentioned above. Sometimes i can't grasp even the simpliest things. Coworkers who have worked with me for years show concern when they see me struggle at times with issues i have dealt with many times at work. I feel embarassed, confused and frankly kinda like i'm dumbing down or something...
A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing. One that sounds good, and a real one. ~ J. Pierpoint Morgan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Yeah, like me typing "affect" instead of "effect" above...duh. It's so weird, too, to lose something you've always had! I've ALWAYS been able to spell and write and diagram a sentence. Not anymore! I can't spell, my sentence structure is horrid half the time, and I often leave out the most important part....

Snowbound, I hear you....now, how do we solve it? Or, learn to handle it, especially in a work situation?

Managing Your RLS