Good times

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Rubyslipper

Good times

Post by Rubyslipper »

Just wanted all to know that Heather got her job and they will be moving back home in two weeks, literally! Until the house sells in Arkansas they can't afford to buy another so will be living with us for awhile. Okay by us! All of our daughters will be within 45 minutes at the most from us. We still have several trips to Arkansas ahead, fixing up the house but we can handle that.

Hurricane Isabelle is making her presence known; the house has toys thrown everywhere! But she is (usually) a wonderful little gift running around just waiting for me to "hold you" and sing songs. Downside is the two cats that come along with the rest of the package. Don't get me wrong and start thinking I'm a cat-hater! We just don't like animals in the house so that will take getting used to. One is neurotic and Kenny hasn't figured out that they will be living with us yet.

Life is good right now although I am not stupid, I know there will be lots of stress in the next few weeks also. Putting two families together for several weeks is a recipe calling for disaster but hopefully it will work out for the best in the end.

I know this isn't important in the long run for everyone here, but just wanted to post what was happening in my world.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

How fun!!!! (and stressful) How fun!!!!

Enjoy it. It's so easy to get trapped by the shoulda, woulda, couldas when living with others and soooooo hard sometimes to just find the bliss in being. Here's to your bliss.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Have fun. I think a prescription for ignoring housework/untidy house and let most things 'go over the top of your head'.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Ruby I love to hear what is going on in your household and it is very important. Thanks for sharing that with us. I am glad that you will have your family nearby.

Have a good day and as usual it is nice to hear from you my friend

Love ya,
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

I can hear the joy in your post as tho I am talking to you. Yeah things will be crazy but girlfriend enjoy every minute of it. Put a sign on the fridge that lets everyone know when you need a time out and then turn it around when you do, then everyone knows to back off for a minute then theres no mind reading........ Sort of a red flag thing. Now that both my pets are gone my house is so empy all the time. I guess I am use to it.

But what I wouldnt give to fill it up with the family. I am so happy for you.Thanks for sharing, you have filled my spirit with joy today. You hug those babies for me too...........love ya girlfriend~~~~~~~~Lyndarae
You cant be brave if you have only had wonderful things happen to you

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Lyndarae, just how close to me are you, girlfriend? Seems like we should meet someday. But that's the way I feel about everyone. Yeah, it's a great thing but absolutely bonkers too. Last night I came home and the house was wrecked, no supper fixed (and it was 8:30 pm) I had clothes to wash and I was tired. I go to the livingroom, where everyone is watching T.V. We have a loveseat that is in the corner and Isabelle is behind it, jumping up and down yelling, "I stuck, I stuck!" and grinning from ear to ear. She had a balloon and was chasing it all over the house, yelling and laughing. She was just bouncing off the walls! By the way, the Nanny show was on T.V. (the reality show on how to get your kids to behave).

As rowdy as it was, I loved every second of it. Isabelle was just so wound up and having such a good time, I just smiled all over. Then it was quiet time, time to settle down for bed. She was so loving, hugging and kissing us. A perfect end to the day. Of course, the house is still wrecked! Who cares?!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hey Ruby that is wonderful. I agree about not caring as it will still be there waiting for you until............ That is exactly how I feel and I do not have any children.

You take care of yourself my friend.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Oh, Ruby...

I am so darn happy for you!!! I know how you felt when they moved to Arkansas. It seems like things are turning around for all of you. I know things will be tight, sometimes probably not a lot of fun. But, I also know you and know that, through it all, you will look at the good times and realize that you are all making memories for that precious little princess and the rest of you, of course.

I am also jealous, and I'll just admit it. My own kids are all going to move to
Seattle, WA--- it could happen in a year, it could happen in six months, or next week. Stacy will Stay in St. Charles until their house is sold. Amy has already sold her condo and is living with her sister and brother-in-law. Luckily, they have a huge house and she has her own space away from them. They want us to move to WA when my husband retires (probably in 5 or 6 years), but it is so expensive there, we just don't know what we'll do.

I don't want to live that far from them...I think of the babies that will come and I'll be all those miles away (for anyone who doesn't know, we live an hour SE of St. Louis). But, it's their lives and I don't want them to stay in the area because WE want it.

Well, enough about that. It has happened yet, so I'll shut up! LOL Back to you. I also understand the cat issue. I love animals, too, and we have a house dog (well, a house "prince", Willie). But, we have taken care of their two dogs before and (UGH!), it's just a mess. So, I get that one, honey.

Life is complicated, isn't it? I HATE change, but that's what life is--change. I heard someone say, the other day, that when there are bad times, you hear "this too shall pass". Problem is, however, that also happens during the the good times. Those times, too, shall pass. I'm trying to remember that one. I'm just glad I went back to work and have other things to think about and to fill my days. I don't work full time, but do work about 30 or 35 hrs. a week.

Geeze, am I rambling or what?! You take care, keep those darn flying monkeys away from that sweetie pie (LOL), and keep us posted.

Love ya
Jan
No one is alone who had friends.

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

I guess those good old days of family all staying in the same area are long gone!! Our children grow up and start their own lifes and move on.. And we are left to deal with it. Thank GOD along with age comes wisdom and most of us can figure it out.

But still takes alot of strengh to let go.... And our children wont figure it out until their turn comes. And then it's time for them to take care of us... LOL Life is sure an interesting journey. The one thing I have learned in all my years is to stay in the moment and enjoy it. You nevern know what is around the corner.

Everyone have a great week to come~~~~~~~Lyndarae

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

lyndarae wrote: You nevern know what is around the corner.

~~~~~~~Lyndarae

Oh Lyndarae for your last sentence THANK YOU. That is what my mom used always say.

You have a good day and hope to see you on in the chat room tonight.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Yes, Lyndarae, that was a great last sentence. And, I know it's true--none of us knows what's around the corner. And, we do have to "let go." Our kids definitely have their own lives, and that's the way it should be. But, that doesn't mean I can't be a little bit sad, does it? That's all I meant.

You guys have a great day.

Jan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Jan, it would be strange to me if you weren't a bit sad. Bittersweet is such a great word, it's so descriptive of what it feels like....but not always a feeling I want to have!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Ahh yes, Ann--Bittersweet is is a perfect word. I think change is just hard for 90% of us---probably all of us. And, the older we get, the more changes come into our lives.

But, sometimes change can be good, too. It helps to talk to friends.

Thanks, Ann, Charlene and Lyndarae and Ruby for starting this thread and sharing her great news.

Jan

lyndarae

Post by lyndarae »

JAN, Honey knowing you the way I do I would be worried if you were not sad, I love ya, and you have the right to feel everything you do......we all do, thats got to be one of the hardest moments for us Mothers, when they leave the nest.

They grow way too fast!!!! You have hubby and willie, and they will never be far from the heart, you just remember that..... they are probably going through their own withdrawl, it's never easy to leave home.

Just always remember I am a phone call away when times get blue and you need a friend who has been there and understands, as I do.... You have always been there for me so never hesitate to call on me.........Love ya girlfriend and as always GOD BLESS~~~~~~Lyndarae

jan3213

Post by jan3213 »

Ahh, thank you, Lyn.... you're always there for me, too!

You guys are the greatest!

Love you, too
Jan