Dudes, we're out numbered

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Hos
Voice Chat Host

Dudes, we're out numbered

Post by Hos »

I saw a good movie recently, I'm pretty sure I'll be the only dude who'll like it. I think all dudes should check it out though. It will leave you thinking about what if... and the complexity of relationships... and why people use "..."'s so much...

Ok, I made up that last introspection..........

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mIpwx5lA5I

ONCE

There's something about a simple movie that speaks thru music that is poetic, yes, I'm being redundant. WAM, it's Dylan quality if I may be so bold. It's surely better then that wacky Waites character. :)
Last edited by Hos on Fri Jul 04, 2008 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It looks really interesting (but I'm a chick), even though I am not a love story fan (most of the time). No, not true...I am not a fan of Hollywood love stories. I prefer things more real, less neat, and even painful if it fits. This looks like it could fit the bill.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Hos
Voice Chat Host

Post by Hos »

This is about as far from Hollywood as it gets. Low budget and no Brad Pitt even but somehow it's still pretty good. :D

Here's the 2 on Letterman with one of the main hits from this modern musical:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JPbC2YrU ... re=related

WAM, this lead actor co wrote most of the songs and his main influence was
Dylan.

Don't watch this next video if you plan on watching the movie. It's one of the most romantic clips I've ever seen, an Irish man on an (almost) deserted street belting out a tune that he wrote...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp90163P ... re=related

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

So let me get this straight...you like this movie right?

heh.

The song is really good. That guy sounds like Cat Stevens and the harmony reminds me of Damien Rice and the girl he sings with...that song Volcano he does. Anyway, it looks like a good movie. In Portage Indiana, we have a Movie Plex...the "Portage 16" with an IMAX. They'll play every HIT Fantasy Film you can stomach on the great big screen but they'll never ever play a movie like this one.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

You are so right WAM...and that's what TIVO and the Independent Film Channel are for. The movie theatres are great if you want Hollywood. But, anything else? A foreign film? An independent? forget it! I actually have several theatres here in Chicago that I can go to to see Art films and the like, but I tend to just TIVO the good stuff and keep a stockpile so we always have something we can watch.

Speaking of things to watch, I am assuming it was a Hollywood film, but it was a good one, but we just watched Everything Is Illuminated. It's from 2006, I think, and we liked it tremendously. I laughed through the first half and cried through the second. At the end, I was smiling, though in a bittersweet way. Highly recommended.

Per Once, I've heard the song that is on that trailer quite a bit. I don't listen to "regular" radio so not sure where I've heard it. But, I've heard it enough to know some of the lyrics...

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

happyfeet

Post by happyfeet »

Lucky me!!! I live in Seattle and we have both art house and first run theaters. Hubby and I saw "Once" and loved it. Own the CD

Going to see "Mongol" http://www.mongolmovie.com/ A Chinese film about the rise of Genghis Khan. I don't have a problem with reading a movie :lol:

Loved: "Iron Man", "Kung Fu Panda", and "Wall.E". Also liked "Get Smart"
Anything I write down is my own opinion and not to be taken seriously. Just ask my husband.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I am glad you finally figured out you were outnumbered. If I were you "dudes", I would be very, very afraid. Heh, heh, heh! :twisted:

Honestly, I love the fact that this board is so diverse. It brings out so many different ideas and opinions. Yeah, sometimes that can also be a problem but mostly its a very good thing.

Guess I'm a beginner when it comes to movies. I don't want to pay the ridiculous price to see one in town so I wait until it's out on DVD then wait some more until it's no longer so popular that you can't rent it.

We had a good discussion at our Sunday School class this week about movies and the impact they have on society. No, there was no stand taken by our church for or against any movie. Just why we watch and enjoy or dislike certain movies. I like all sorts (except really graphic or scary ones--what is that, like 90% of them?) but the ones that stick with me are the ones that touch me in some way. Guess that's the way it is with all of us. Just watched "Bucket List" and enjoyed it immensely.

I barely know what TIVO is, watch for enjoyment only and then only if there isn't anything else to do. Philistine...that's me.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Ruby, I agree completely about watching TV - I rarely do it. That's why I LOVE the TIVO. I can look up the movies to be played for the next two weeks then record only the ones that I'd watch. No movie theatre costs, only some popcorn and chocolate to make/buy :lol:

Managing Your RLS

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

"Television! Teacher, mother... secret lover..."

--Homer Simpson
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.