Favorite Inspirational Music

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I don't know what I classify as uplifting...

But, recently I bought CDs of Tom Lehrer. I listened to them as a young child and teen, even through college. They were my mom's albums - I liked them so much I "borrowed" them when I left home, lol.

He is a political satirist, mathematician and Harvard professor. Songs like Smut, National Brotherhood Week, and Pollution are forever etched into my brain.

I have had so much fun this week playing these songs as I work at my desk, singing aloud, and looking up references that I didn't understand as a child, such as Lena Horne and Sheriff Clark dancing cheek to cheek...and finding out why everyone laughed in the live version when he said that line.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Music plays a big part in my life ...I play several instruments...at the moment I play in a band , base guitar or accoustic and if I am a bit hyomanic I can feel fantastic , playing makes me feel great , it brings out a part of me that i never want to loose, a happiness and good feeling that is hard to describe.

At the moment I am listening to "Music of the spheres" and "Live at the Guggenheim" by Mike Oldfield

I find his music is spiritual and so absorbing I go into a trancelike state ,it is a wonderfull feeling, like i have become one with the music all vibrations in life coming together as one producing world of calm but also alive and full of energy....I need these feelings to live

huggles
moomlight :P xxx
sleep is not only a dream

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

Belly dancing music! Sounds weird, I know, but if you listen to it you just can't sit still. It picks you up mentally and makes you want to dance even if you don't know how to belly dance. ( Of which I know very little!)

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

moonlight wrote:At the moment I am listening to "Music of the spheres" and "Live at the Guggenheim" by Mike Oldfield

Oooooh ... Mike Oldfield ... I know i've got a few of his CD's stashed around somewhere. Haven't listened to his stuff for a couple of years. Think it's time to find them and give them a dust-off.

I got Andre` Rieu's Australian DVD for Christmas ... It's BEAUTIFUL! I've never seen a professional performer like him reduced to tears at the way the audience reacted to one of the "traditional" Aussie Anthems "Waltzing Matilda" ... It was truly spine tingling and magical to watch and listen to.

I've also seen his New York DVD ... magical stuff as well!

Both times he played "Blue Danube" it was wonderful to see young and old and every age in between out in the aisles dancing without a care in the world; just caught up in the moment.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!