hello...

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Penguinrocks

hello...

Post by Penguinrocks »

Hi everyone.

have i shocked y'all? it's the penguin...

Went home for three weeks...drove. Almost killed me, but MUCH better than flying.

I've started weight watchers and i'm using my treadmill...i have to say that the treadmill walking just 10 min a day seems to reduce the kicks...

I'm trying to decide which i can handle better....the kicking or the fibro pain...i think i'll take the pain...the kicking...well we all know how badly it stinks..

The headaches aren't getting any better. Now, I don't even have to laugh hard...just laughing and it feels like my brain is going to explode...anyway, going to see doc 3rd week in september.

Working with about 285 Veterans now...I've applied for a new job.
I can't take the abuse from the bosses any longer. I figure it's better for me to sever ties with the Vets instead of letting the bosses rip my heart out.
The Vets know how to find me....and I know they will.

Kathleen and I went to see UW Baraboo and Eau Claire....she fell in LOVE with Eau Claire...guess it's her choice...can you see how upset i am? NOT!

I miss you guys.....I love you guys....I miss you guys....

flipper hugs....
penguin
Beware the Penguin

ctravel12

Post by ctravel12 »

Hi Penguin it is so good to hear from you. I do not blame you for changing jobs. All the stress in the world is not good for you and believe me if you do not do it for yourself nobody else will.

You hang in there as things will work out for you, and again it so good to hear from you. I know I have not been on the board that much but to see you post is wonderful.

Have a great day and I will take all the flipper hugs that I can take.

Love ya too.
Charlene
Taking one day at a time

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

P, Good to here from you again and like to sound of your voice. Wishing you easy days and mello nights. I think there was a wine with that name. Obviously, not a very expensive one if I'm familiar with it. Oh, the college days of drinking Boone's Farm and playing "hearts."

Best wishes, P.

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Crap, Penguin, I thought the evil boss left and was so hoping it was all better. Good for you for making the decision. You HAVE to take care of yourself first; you can't help anyone else if you're not.

SOunds like the trip was wonderful, even if the drive was horrible. Like everyone else, I was so glad to see your name. It's nice to have you back.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes, we all have to cut the obvious stress as much as we can.

I am in the process of doing this myself, just the act of being pro active I think is beneficial.

Best wishes
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Hi Penguin. Glad to know you're still out there.

becat

Post by becat »

Awww a Penguin, love that.

And nice to see you as well WAM.

Miss Penguin, I know how much you love your Vets., as I do as well.
The hours and heart you have put into this job makes me proud to call you family.
Hold your head high girlfriend, You've certainly tried your best to turn the other cheek. You did only good or great and no harm, leave that mess behind.

And yes, I believe your Vets would tell you the same. With all the love and support you've shown them.

Glad you got a trip home in and I know school should start soon.

Your always loved, missed, and needed, by many around here.

Love ya, wet flipper hugs,
Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

What a wonderful thing to see your post! You are doing the right thing and I'm rooting for you. Talk to us some more, please!

Sojourner, I almost bought a bottle of Boone's Farm Strawberry Hill the other night just for kicks and grins. May have to do it yet. The wine of the '70's, what a sweet bouquet!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

No Ruby, No Boone's farm for you.

Next thing we'll hear is that you want to learn to ride motorcycles. LOL :D

Ruby is right Penguin, come home more often.

Same to you Miss Ruby. :D :wink:

Love y'all
Lynne

Walking After Midnight

Post by Walking After Midnight »

Yeah and we all know what THAT will lead to.
On the other hand, the Boone's Farm combined with the bike might turn out to be fun to watch!

Penguinrocks

Post by Penguinrocks »

I love you all!

Mon Tues and tonight...worked 7-7....

OUCH!

Kathleen's back a practice and SHE'S CO=CAPTAIN OF THE DRUMLINE!

One of my Vets came back after two years gone....he asked me if I'd move back to WI I told him in a heartbeat and he asked if I could wait til he's done with school....they are SOOOOOOOOOOOOO CUTE!

Lost another 2.4 last week! I think ima like weigh watchers....now i'm a woman on a mission so y'all know what THAT means...

no call yet on the job the but woman who i'd be working for is working on hiring her instructors right now....i'll let you know what happens...

love you and talk to you later....gotta go get me baby!

flipper hugs!!! and moons full of love for each and every one

Penguin
Beware the Penguin

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Congrats on the Weight Watchers!

Looking forward to hearing good news. Fingers crossed and all that.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.