Great Reads

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hey Ed, don't be sorry!! We can't all like the same books.
Bridges over Madison County - Maybe it takes a middle aged woman to 'get' the emotions !!! I wouldn't reckon it was a book for a guy.

I can't stand chick flick books. :roll:

And I also like Tom Clancy stuff.....
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Thanks for getting this started, Views. If we all agree to play nice maybe we won't need ground rules. I think if we put Title, Author and a brief discription of the book and maybe why we like it, that should be enough. We'll see how it goes.

One of my favorite books is one I read to the girls when they got a little older (as part of my Early Childhood Ed class). It is Pgs Might Fly by Dick King-Smith. It's a great tale in itself but also goes into how far you can go with a dream, no matter who you are.

Love Dean Koonce's book One Door Away from Midnight. Enjoyed the Harry Potter series. Like fantasy/science fiction. Don't like the Wizard of Oz series of books as much as the movie (go figure!)

Have started The Secret and am not sure about it yet. Mostly I enjoy reading just for pleasure but would like opinions on self-help books too.

Even better than If You Give a Mouse a Cookie is Dora's Great Adventure. I now know that one by heart!
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)