Moonlight Walk

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Rubyslipper

Moonlight Walk

Post by Rubyslipper »

Don't know if anyone on here is doing a Moonlight Walk for the Foundation but I will on September 27. If you would like to donate to mine or anyone else's, just let us know.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

becat

Post by becat »

:D :D :D

Well, I approve Rubyslippers and second her message. LOL

Ruby, you crack me up.

I have to say that we do need the donations. If this board helps you or someone you love, donate.

It's not about how much, just some would be more than helpful.

You can even give the donation in the name of one of the sponsored walks or this very board.

My walk was to be this week, all week long. Looks like mine will have to be continued after next week.

I will donate and walk, because it was angels that saved and educated me here. They know who they are.

Even if all I had was pocket change and many of us are there, I'm giving it.

Let's support those that have lovingly and so giving, supported us!

Come on, spare a Starbucks for the sake of those that are here and so many we know will follow.

Donations Link : for web donations:

https://www.rls.org/SSLPage.aspx?pid=499

For mail in donations:

Restless Legs Syndrome Foundation, Inc

1610 14th St NW Suite 300
Rochester, MN 55901

We have made things happen for years on this board, lets see it happen again.

A full moon, packed with prayers for all.
Lynne

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

Just an update. I had my Moonlight Walk last night and can't say when I have been more depressed. I thought I did everything right and the weather was great. I had two walkers other than myself, neither had sponsors. We had a silent auction and hot dogs to sell. In total we raised $200 and I spent around $75 just to put it together. I really wanted to do better but guess it's just something people around here aren't interested in.

Hope all the others went well. It's a lot of work but it really is for a just cause. Good luck to anyone who hasn't had theirs yet.
You've always had the power my dear, you just had to learn it for yourself! (Glinda of Oz)

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am so sorry to hear that you are so depressed, Ruby. It's hard to see the positive sometimes, isn't it? I think people don't care because either they aren't bothered by it or because they think other things are more important. I mean, how important can somebody's fidgeting be?????
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Rubyslipper

Post by Rubyslipper »

I think you are right, if you don't have or know someone with RLS it just isn't something you will suppport. Oh, well, try again next year!

becat

Post by becat »

Ruby I had as much luck, but ended up doing it all by myself. Even gave out the dates locally for several chances. And this was to people that were indeed living with RLS.

Well, at least 6-7 of us sponsored walks. I made as much as you did, most from the nice man on the plane. I'll support Costco because of him.

No one will know how much we miss things like this board until they are gone, due to the money issue.

AND NO, I have not heard this is a possibility, but we have to start thinking ahead if donation are down, as bad as they say they are.

Support and Research can happen together.

Gees girl, hugs to you. So few honestly understand just how hard you work on our behalf. I thank you Miss Rubyslippers. They fight I found when I came to the board was awesome, and you my dear showed me the way back to myself.
Lynne