Just Rambling = go to doc/don't go to doc ???

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Yes, Ruby a lot of the symptoms do overlap. Fibro/stress/many other things. So I reckon I'll wait until treadmill test and endo is done before returning to doc. One symptom that is pretty severe is the tiredness.

As for young madam in office, well we just don't speak, other than, call on line 2 is for you !! etc etc. and most of the time I can hack it, just sometimes I think it is a ridiculous situation. However, it is not causing me a lack of sleep. I have other disorders that do that for me :lol: :lol: :lol:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Everyone, just to update this thread.

In October I did the treadmill test, finished it no problems . Well... OK... I was gasping for breath at the end. but doc said that I was supposed to be pushed till I was at that point. Rating was 99% and no problems of any sort showing up. So my heart is ok.

Last week I had the endoscopy done. They sprayed the back of my throat to numb it, Nurse states 'this will taste of bitter bananas'. Yeah, right...... it was disgusting. No anaesthetic to start with. if I couldn't stick it they would sedate me. That's OK, I'm tough..... I didn't have any sedation but OMG, it is horrible, not painful, but that tube moving down and around. Its a long 5 minutes. good news, is gullet, stomach all clear, no hiatus hernia, nothing wrong with the gullet. A spot of inflammation where the stomach joins the duodenum from which they took a little biopsy to check for heli bactor pylori bateria, and which was negative. They say the inflammation is the like of, if not treated could develop into an ulcer. But, Not an ulcer and nothing sinister.

Unfortunately the equipment was not able to check my throat. That will have to be an ENT consultant, which will be several months on his list before even getting an initial appointment. The joys of the NHS are that the 'services' are free, but slow.

And for whatever reason, for about 3 weeks the choking and tightness in my throat has not been apparent. Oh.... well... ever so slightly if and when my neck/shoulders get sore. So I am still thinking of Aiken's suggestion to get my neck checked out.

At present, all is much better than it was over the summer months.

And thanks all, for your support and previous posts.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Dang, Betty. Even though they offered it, I chose to skip sedation on my first endoscopy, because I was curious about the procedure. That was the last time I ever did that. They didn't offer sedation to you automatically? It's a bloody miserable process to do while wide awake. Traumatic, I'd say. Next time, insist on sedation right off of the bat... it's soooo much less traumatic.

In my case, I was given fentanyl to ease discomfort, and Versed as a sedative and amnestic (to make me forget the procedure).

I think it's crazy not to sedate someone (unless they ask not to) for an endoscopy, because otherwise the experience will deter people from later procedures.
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Aiken, I could have had the anaesthetic if I insisted, reason for not (they say) is that it is so much easier/less risky on the body, can drive immediately afterwards blah. blah...

Yeah, miserable pretty much covers it. But during it, I told myself, jeezz I handled childbirth, I can do this. :roll:

But I was so eager to have the test and get a result, I would have agreed to just about anything.
Betty