occupational health appt

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
moonlight

occupational health appt

Post by moonlight »

Hi Guys

I don't write too much on here these days as my conversation is pretty boring.
If anyone remembers I've been off my work for 20months starting with depression which was , in May, diagnosed as rapid cycling bipolar disorder.

Well my boss finally reffered me to occuptional health (they are independant so as not to be bias ) the dr I saw was very nice and was clued up on bipolar infact she noted that i was quite hypomanic that day.

Anyway it has been decided that I shall not return to my work , so no more bullying !!!!! yipeee, and OH is requesting retirment on grounds of ill health , if I get this i'll at least get some money as well , whereas if i just leave , leave with nothing.

I am relieved that I wont be returning don't know when I will work if i ever do , as now i'm putting me first, I see this as the start of the rest of my life.

my life has changed a lot , my bipolar is not controlled, i will be starting CBT sometime and use meds to calm down and take the edge of the hypomania , but the mania well its just not controlled...

so I dont know where im going , dont know what im doing , will just see wot happens.....mind you i am busy every week with my drop in centre which helps me a lot and my swimming, gym walking , college...hey ive no time too work LOL....but im a little unsure

huggles
moonlight xxxx
sleep is not only a dream

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Moonlight, of course you are a little unsure.

All change is uncertain, but just think.... you are moving on from what was not a good time.

Change can also be good.

Good luck
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It must be really scary...but you are present and accounted for. That's no small feat. You're doing it, whether you want to or not. You're working hard. Can't do more than that.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Sojourner

Post by Sojourner »

M, I would like to think, and I know, that all your trials, effort, and attempts to do what you could and have done to help and advocate for yourself will finally enable you to find some resolve for you health issue. You are to be commended for taking your journey to the next path. Best of luck,

M.
This post simply reflects opinion. Quantities are limited while supplies last. Some assembly required.