why isn't my avatar showing?

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Helen518

why isn't my avatar showing?

Post by Helen518 »

I got a message saying that it loaded. It is the correct file size and no of pixels. I just see a little red x? thanks. SOrry if this info is posted somewhere else...

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Hey Helen

I've copied the basic instructions that Susan posted in the Avatar Link.

I'm sure Susan would be more than willing to help you if you're still having troubles.

SquirmingSusan wrote:This seems to be the easiest way to load a personal picture as an avatar:

Get a free account at Photobucket.com. Upload the picture you want to use. Photobucket has resizing sofware right there on their site. Make sure the Avatar is no bigger than 80x80 pixels.

Click the link that says "direct linking". If you click the link for email or any of the other 3 linking options it will not work. So, click the link that says "direct linking." The link is then automatically copied.

Go into your profile and scroll down to the Avatars section. Paste the link into the line that says "linking from another site" or something to that effect.

Click "Submit" which is a few lines down. Check to make sure your picture is in your profile.

You can also, in theory, upload an avatar off your computer. I couldn't get that to work, and neither has anyone else to my knowledge.

As always, I'm available for help with this. If you'd like, just send me a link to your Photobucket picture and I will put it up for you.

Hope this helps
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Thanks for posting that, Nadia.

Helen, the direct uploading still doesn't work, as far as I know. You need to link to it from another site. Photobucket works, and it's free, but there are others.

Email me if you have any more trouble with it.
Susan

Neco

Post by Neco »

I can see it..

If you still have problems with a red X, you need to force a refresh of your browser cache.

CTRL + F5 usually does it.