What's the weather like with you?

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

It's been cold here the last week- -20F (approximately equal to -20C) nightly lows. They even closed many of the area schools for the last 2 days, which is really weird because this is normal weather in MN in the winter. But my son enjoyed having a couple extra days off.

My dh and I went to IKEA yesterday and bought some new kitchen cabinets. While we were waiting for an hour or two for the staff to pull the order, we sat and people watched. We were just laughing because people here in the winter just totally look like blobs. We're all wrapped up head to toe in big, bulky, fluffy jackets and big, ugly boots, and funny Scandinavian hats. There is just no glamour here in the winter at all. :lol:

Now today it's snowing and 20F (above zero) which makes it perfect for cross-country skiing. :D Of course we have a truckload of cabinets to carry in and assemble, and the old kitchen cabinets to pull out. That ought to keep us busy for a few weeks!

OTOH, it's snowing, so it's one of those low-pressure, sleepy days and I don't feel like doing anything...
Susan

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

I love people watching. I'm really sad that when you go to the airport now to pick someone up, you can't go very far in anymore. Airports were great people watching places.

By the way, a little correction: -20F ~= -26C
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I love to people watch also. On holiday, sitting in a Plaza somewhere in Europe, and making a little 'history' for everyone.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Oh gosh, I'd much rather be people-watching in a plaza somewhere in Europe than in an IKEA store in Minnesota! It just sounds so much more glamorous, LOL. Oh, someday I'll get back across the pond...
Susan