What's the weather like with you?

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
moonlight

What's the weather like with you?

Post by moonlight »

Hi
Today is gale force winds.....rain.....but very very mild

I have no intention of going out ...as I'm at last hemming a new pair of curtains for my bathroom....its only taken me 4mths to get round to it :oops:

huggles
moonlight xxx
sleep is not only a dream

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Moonlight, yeah, we are on the same weather as yourself.
Really only a few miles (plus 15 miles of sea) apart.
High winds last night, and grey and mizzly today.

I got up early this morning full of energy and had windows cleaned inside and place tidied before anyone else made a move.

Now before family dinner, I think I shall 'shred' old paper work, you know the stuff I mean, like... who needs bank statements over 6 months old. It feels so good to get the like of that sorted.

So.... back to your question about the weather!!! as you have indicated yourself, its a great day for inside chores :roll:

You can stand back and admire your new curtains.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

HeatherB

Post by HeatherB »

I'm in Michigan and we have cold, snow flurries, more cold, more snow.....you get the idea. The next few nights we will be below 0 degrees f. Can you say brr?

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Cyclones, the mother of all King Tides, Winds up to 80knots, the Monsoon Trough coming deep into Australian territory ... it's a schizo kinda time down under at the moment ... lots and lots and lots of rain and flooding at the top end ... just waiting for our turn.
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

Neco

Post by Neco »

Rain in Australia is a MYTH I tell you, a myth !!! :twisted:

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

LOL ... I dare ya to tell that to those in Western Queensland, Northern Queensland, The Northern Territory who are either flooded in or expecting floods and are recieving food drops.

400 - 500mm of rain in one night plus king tides ... even some old-timers are scratchin their heads.

As for the bottom end of Australia ... they're complainin bitterly about the HEAT ... lol ... i find that so funny coz when they all come to Queensland to escape their cold "Winters" they more often than not ... complain about the HEAT!

I like the heat, as long as it's dry. Add a twist of humidity (anythin over 65%) and i go nuts.

I like the rain too ... although I don't appreciate being a walking weather station.

Hate Winter!
Nadia

My philosophy is simply this: Life is too short to be diplomatic. Your friends should not care what you do, or say; and for those who are not your friends ... their loss!!!

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Snow, snow, more snow, snow, snow, and snow. I love snow! We've been out skiing several times a week, which makes me feel good and healthy, and the dogs are just delighted. We go skijoring and have the younger dog pull us on cross-country skiis. It's just a riot - high speed cross country skiing.

The next few days, though, we're looking at highs in the negative numbers, though, and we'll be holed up comfortably inside.
Susan

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

We're under a blizzard warning at the moment....

Lows of -15 Fahrenheit with the windchill....
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Question: If you choose to live in the windy city, do you get to complain about the wind chill? ;)

(I know people give me grief if I moan about the rain in Seattle.)
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

sardsy75

Post by sardsy75 »

Yup ... and we get told to shuddup about the humidity coz we live in "the tropics" lol
Nadia

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Aiken wrote:Question: If you choose to live in the windy city, do you get to complain about the wind chill? ;)

(I know people give me grief if I moan about the rain in Seattle.)

Um, history lesson coming. :lol:

The Windy City, as Chicago is known, isn't called that because of the wind. It's because of the "windy" politicians that talked forever and a day. But, let's not talk about Illinois politicians as I'm sure anyone who's had on the news is very sick of hearing about them...

Besides, was I complaining? Thought I was just statin' the facts.... :P

On a serious note, I have an incredible amount of gratitude that I am not homeless, that my furnace works well, that I have warm clothes and protective boots and long underwear, that while I don't have a regular job, I have clients who pay me so I can pay my bills....this has been a tough winter with more coming and not all of us can say that. Here's hoping that everyone who needs shelter was able to find it before the blizzard conditions and below freezing wind chills started.

With that, I think I'm off to bed.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I agree with you Anne. Let's be thankful for what we have (except rls !!)

My employer has put everyone on a 3 day week, our savings that we worked hard all our lives to have for security are plummeting, thousands of jobs are being lost every day. I still have a 'part-time' job, for how long, who knows. But we have no debt, we can afford to keep warm, we will not go hungry.

We can enjoy the crisp weather, while others have no home.

The sun is shining here today, I weeded the garden, wearing 3 fleeces, two pairs of socks, a woolly hat. Did I look fabulous...... I don't think so.... but I was fit and well enough to weed the garden.

And when hubby gets home and parks his car beside the garden, comes in and says, 'hey, how was your day, what were you up to today'..... I'll say - look out the window !!! :roll:

I feel very fortunate .... I love all types of weather. Of course here in UK we don't have extremes.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

snowbound

Post by snowbound »

Dangerously cold where i live. Most of the week it's been around -20C and with windchills upward of -35C. Not fun...

Part of the city lost power 2 days ago when hydro vault exploded from burst water main. Some still have no power even yet. :(

snowbound
A man generally has two reasons for doing a thing. One that sounds good, and a real one. ~ J. Pierpoint Morgan

Betty/WV

Re: Weather

Post by Betty/WV »

Here in northern West Virginia, (between Ohio and Pennsylvania) It has been below zero. Yesterday morning it was -12degrees on my back porch. But with the wind chill it was around -20 below. And we have about 3 inches of snow. :roll: When traveling if I tell people I am from WV they think that is the south. Some people don't even know there is a state of WV, they think I am telling them I am from the western part of Va.

I too :D :D feel blessed that we have a warm house, food to eat etc. We don't normally take time to count our blessing. Sometime we just get consumed with our problems (RLS for example).

Just within the last few days, while it was so cold, an elderly gentleman, in his 80's became lost. He had Altzemiers, they searched and searched for him. And just yesterday they found him dead. There was no way he could have survived, exposed to this weather. Anyone that has a loved one with this disease, must keep a very close eye on them. They have a tendency to wander away.

Hope you are all warm, and have an income, just heard that Circuit City is closing down ALL its stores, 30,000 people laid off. I think the hole has been dug to deep for this country to crawl out of it. :(

Take care all. Lets keep counting our blessings> BETTY/WV
Thanks to rls.org, I have learned so much about my condition. I have received encouragement from my friends here. This is a site I can come to when I am up most of the night, and I vent, and know those who read my messages understand

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Wow ....what weather everyones having.....we really don't have it bad here at the moment its dull but mild...its been mixed this week....but what I like is when it's freezing cold and the sky is clear blue.....and go out for a walk it makes me feel so good.
Yeah feel fortunate to have a roof , food and warmth ok we only have one wage now , but get by.

huggs

moonlight xxx :P
sleep is not only a dream