My son's stepping forward into the big big world!!

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
moonlight

My son's stepping forward into the big big world!!

Post by moonlight »

I must tell everyone...as you know my son has aspergers syndrome and this year has been having a pretty bad time at school.He hasn't really learnt anything is not coping with stress and has only been there occasionaly.The school even reduced his timetable to part time, but this still was not the answer.

In December he decided he wanted to leave school....a big step...so his dad and I agreed ...son has no idea what he wants to do in life ... but he's only 16yrs and who does at that age?

He went for an interview at college... and got accepted!!! he starts on 26th Jan...I am really pleased for him.He will be trying different things from brick laying, video editing to enginreering ..he'll be doing five topics....no exams ...no stress.He will still get all the learning support he was receiving at school which is great. Hopefully from this he will go on to do a course at college or an apprentisship or employment.

It's strange having him left school makes me realise that he is becoming an independant young adult.

whatever his decision is we will support him on it, be it the right one or the wrong one.

huggles
moonlight xxx
sleep is not only a dream

Neco

Post by Neco »

wig....spam :roll:

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Yup, a spammer got through. They're getting more and more clever. But still easy to delete. I just don't understand the point of getting into message boards and posting stuff that's completely unrelated, that's only going to be there for a half day before the mods zap it. Mine is not the reason why, I guess. :roll:
Susan