Tiinnitus and Accupuntre

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
waterloo2

Tiinnitus and Accupuntre

Post by waterloo2 »

Hi all

Just thought I would mention im having Accupuntre and Low Laser for my bad Tinnitus i have had it for 25 years and still is driving me barmy, well thats nothing new.........lol. Seriously though it is no joke as Moonlight will tell you and am wondering how many other here have got T?
Am not going to the hospital am going privately.
What with that the Diabetes and other ailments life sucks for me at the moment.

love gill :(

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

Gill, there is a program out there called "The Listening Program" which is used to retrain the brain to filter noise properly. One of the things it's used to treat is tinnitus. It's widely used by occupational therapists and speech therapists. I'm guessing you have access to those kinds of therapists? It might be worth checking into. "The Listening Program" is based on something called "The Tomatis Method."

My daughter uses this program for her sensory integration disorder. It involves listening to specially modulated CDs for half an hour, twice a day.

Here's a link to an article from a place in the UK. http://www.listeningcentre.co.uk/tinnitus.php
Susan