I'm officially an adult now!

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Neco

I'm officially an adult now!

Post by Neco »

Well.. I received a notice that wasn't marked clearly at all and looked like a junk credit card offer and let it since around since the 15'th..

Good thing my mom opened it to make sure it wasn't junk. It was a state collection notice for an outstanding medical bill, asking for the amount within 30 days, or to resolve the situation, or I would be reported to a credit collection service.

Hah.. I was accepted with UW Community Care at 100% forgiveness, and that letter is dated august. Coverage lasts 3 months, this outstanding bill October.... O_o..

No one ever informed me (granted I ignored some bill I'd been receiving because I was TOLD everything was applied retro-actively) or called to ask why I wan't paying my bills.. no envelope marked final notice...hmm..

Now I'm wondering if UW itself sent this bill off to collection, or if some idiot at my Dr's Office screwed up, and I just KNOW I'm gonna have to call a bunch of numbers to sort it all out....

sigh

SquirmingSusan

Post by SquirmingSusan »

If that's what it means to be an adult, I want to be a kid again. 8) I spend half of my life trying to sleep, another half trying to stay awake, and the other half calling and sorting out medical bills. I know that's three halves, but how can count...
Susan

Neco

Post by Neco »

I was just having some sarcastic fun at my own expense.. I've delt with a lot of things from a young age, but the typical American adult problems with debt, traffic tickets, lousy job, etc.. It's all new to me.

I called up UW and got it straightened out though.. Actually I think my coverage is 6 months, as they told me I needed to re-apply at the beginning of Feb, so they are sending me the papers which I will promptly turn in before then.

Apparently this was never supposed to happen and they were showing no outstanding bills for me that I needed to pay or anything, did mention my Dec. visit to my Dr was covered, etc.. The person complained about their network system where people don't necesarrily see that I am covered under community care although they SHOULD have known somehow.. They can't even attach a note to my file for instance, to referrence any future accounts (when I reapply I get a new account I guess) are covered for doctors visits, etc.. But she shot off an e-mail to another person to ask if something couldn't be done..

It's partly my fault for not opening the statements I had been receiving, but I assumed there were formalities or something and everything was covered.. Oh well, they are contacting the collection agency to cancel any collections that are out on me, etc and the person I spoke with said she would e-mail the person to let them know to call me when it is taken care of so that I know it really is..

I don't need some screwing billing system messing up MY credit.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hey Zach, glad you got it sorted out.
You just want to shake people and say do your job properly!!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation