Ever feel silly saying you have Restless Legs?

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
doety

silly

Post by doety »

do I feel silly telling people I have RLS?? Every single time. I hate it. I cross my fingers that I'll get a good response, as most often I do (something like: my husband has it...it's awful). But sometimes I hear: "Oh, you mean it's real??" Then you read that congressman says the drug companies made it up. I push myself to say it, though. I decided a few years back that people should hear it, and I can answer questions if they have them. I still would like to know why I'm the only one in the back of the play,movie, symphony, etc. I don't go very often any more, because I hate doing that, but when I go, and stand in the back to enjoy the music, I'm ALL ALONE.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I think you're all alone because so many of us choose to give up things rather than stand in the back row. We don't go to the theatre, movies, symphony, etc. Or, we go to the matinee performance.

Good for you to keep going anyway.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.