Wonderful Distractions

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Spiticus

Wonderful Distractions

Post by Spiticus »

So, what do you use to distract you from your RLS symptoms? A movie usually works for me but it has to be something comedic usually. More serious films usually cause introspection which cause introspecting my legs which is bad. :D

Mystery Science Theater 3000 is a great choice for me. They keep me laughing and I only remember my legs every now and then.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I am an avid Internet searcher. Search for what? ANything that amuses me, educates me, distracts me, etc.

From cooking skills, best knives to use, gluten free baking techniques to research related to RLS, I'll read just about anything if it keeps the RLS at bay, lol.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

woodsie357

Post by woodsie357 »

Bubble breaker baby!!! I'm addicted. It's actually the only thing that gets me off of RLS.org too lol. My high score is 1249 if anyone wants to start a high score war with me. hehe.

Nice post Spiticus! :lol:
Someone cares about your sleepless nights

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Woodsie - what is bubble breaker ?? :roll:
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

woodsie357

Post by woodsie357 »

It's a computerized box of bubbles. There are generally 5 colors. As you pop groups of bubbles with the same color they move closer together. The more of the same color you get grouped up the more points they are worth. I've not figured out the math but adding one bubble to a group of them could get you another 200 points. Mine is on my cell phone, but I think there are other versions out there. :)
Someone cares about your sleepless nights

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Ta, you can probably tell I am of an age that is not into computer games. lol
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Wayne

Post by Wayne »

Videogames distract me too. An hour of any FPS or old school arcade game will get my mind off my legs.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

I was almost asleep......

Now I'm playing patience/solitaire on the computer.
Betty

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Grrrrrrr - I hate it when you either make it asleep and it wakes you or you think you're about there and BAM.

Good thing we have these distractions.

I tend to do research. That keeps my brain working, thinking, and distracting me. Right now? I'm researching African Violet varieties!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I guess I'm lucky... I don't have many problems and I get very good coverage from my meds..

Hope it doesn't get too much worse as I get older :?