Credit Crunch

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
woodsie357

Post by woodsie357 »

Pbear my heart goes out to you, you're in my prayers.

I was shocked to see Oprah on Wednesday, but also happy that it was being shown. I couldn't believe how these people were middle income 6 months ago a year ago etc.

I wish something could be done about all the stuff they Trash when taking a house though.
Someone cares about your sleepless nights

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Woodsie, sounds like a new non-for-profit that you need to start!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thanks all.

Zach, I don't plan on sending out cv's for another job, applying where 200 others are also applying. My notice period takes me up to within 3 weeks of state pension, tho I had hoped to work on.

My support has been wonderful. Hubby said stuff cooking' and we went out to dinner, my little granddaughter was brought around to give her granny a hug, along with a box of chocolates. My son in the US has been emailing all evening to say, make the time work for you, don't you work for it, and saying that it now is my chance to look for fun things to do.

Younger folk like you Zach, need the work more than I do, yes it may change things a bit for me but maybe no bad thing. Its the young folk !! and those already hit badly by the crisis. Only one of our 4 boys is on the property ladder. How are the other 3 ever going to get onto it. Are we going to become a generation who 'rent' homes, when we have gotten used to being property owners, which only the wealthy did a couple of generations ago.

One son in the USA, he rents his home, bless us, what if he got paid off over there, so far from home.....

Zach, I wish you well with your job interview, it is the company and the craic and interaction that is so important along with the income.
Good luck mate!!!
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Zach, I add my best wishes for the interview. It may not be exactly what you'd prefer...or it may be just as much of a positive surprise as that other job. Either way, getting it means a paycheck and that is a good thing.

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Aiken

Post by Aiken »

Zach wrote:Funny thing is, I had a temporary job ... It was mostly cleanup crap but I really had a lot of fun.. I didn't mind getting my hands dirty and whatnot, and I worked with a couple of folks who were great. Got stuck with an older gentlemen, real funny guy, think we had the same sense of humor. Made the day go a lot easier.

I did mall cleanup to make money during college. Picking up used diapers in the parking lot was not fun, but other than that, I have to say there was definitely satisfaction when I was done for the day. It felt like honest work, and I could see that I had done something beneficial, at least for one day.

There's a Barenaked Ladies song about a window washer, with one line that always struck a chord for me: "A crystal clear canvas / Is my masterpiece."

Maybe it appealed to my mildly-OCD side... :)
Disclaimer: I often talk about what I do and what works for me, but these are specific to me and you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying these things yourself, lest you endanger your health or life.

Neco

Post by Neco »

My interview on Monday went pretty good.. He did show me around some of the general equipment, but I'll get some more formal training when I start.. We're just waiting for the paperwork to go through so I pretty much have the job unless something weird happens.

I got paid under my increased hours from Kraft today too.. Woke up to $98 in the bank instead of 3.. I'm rich! :D

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Great you're having a good day... rich Hope you get good news on the job front.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Good news, Zach! Congrats.

Managing Your RLS