Careless

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Neco

Post by Neco »

Well, me and my sister went to Walmart yesterday to pick up some things, and I found a pretty decent pair of shoes in the proper size, that seem to have pretty good, noticeable arch support for only $22. They definitely don't bend, almost at all.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Well done.

Here's hoping your feet are feeling cosy and comfy and safe in your new fitting shoes.

We should all have a rule ... no more shoes that 'nearly fit'.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

Polar Bear wrote:
We should all have a rule ... no more shoes that 'nearly fit'.

Hear, hear!
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

WAM

Post by WAM »

I want some flying shoes.

Betty...you shoulda took a picture and posted it.
Man, I love the Salvation Army and Goodwill. Probably seventy percent of the stuff I wear, is pre-owned. Underwear....definitely has to be new but the rest bring it on.
The thing is, when you go into a shop to buy clothes, there's usually some kind of "theme". Like maybe it's a store for teenagers so I really don't want a Korn T-Shirt, or pants that are three sizes too big with boxer shorts stickin' out. Or a shop for old dudes and it's all suits and stuff out of the JC Penny catalog...yellow and green shirts, the kind that pull over and have three buttons at the top and shorts with cuffs. Man I don't wanna wear nothing like that either...not that there's anything wrong with that (I wish there was an emoticon of someone doing the slash across his throat) But in the thrift shop...there's everything side by side. All tastes and cultures living peaceably. BUT...you gotta check everything out really good cause there's lots of stains and flaws. You find stuff in there you've never seen in a real store.

JustKeepWalking82

Re: Careless

Post by JustKeepWalking82 »

If only I had large feet. I am 21 (my birthday was on the 18th) and wear a 1 and a half in KIDS. I actually went to a shoemaker a couple of years ago in L.A. and got two pair of high heels and a pair of flats for 10,000. They weren't great, but he was reputable (the last customer he saw before me was Taylor Swift) and I needed heels that didn't have glitter, Barbie, or rhinestones. Thankfully, money isn't really a problem for my mom and I, so if I need something custom then there isn't a whole lot of trouble. I am not one for shopping (unless it involves the food court or Barnes & Noble :D) What I did get out of that trip is skipping a week of school and go window shopping at Rodeo Dr.! My mom said that we will probably have to find a shoe designer like Jimmy Choo or Stuart Weitzman to make shoes for my size. Sigh. Can't I just wear flip-flops everywhere?

Polar, I have a friend that lives in Belfast. Where do you live?
Marisa
Always know that there are good people in the world to pick you up when you fall down.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Marrissa - I am in a small market town about 12 miles North West of Belfast. I used to live in the Belfast area, and worked in the City Centre for many years.
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

JustKeepWalking82

Post by JustKeepWalking82 »

Really?! That sounds awesome! I am about a quarter Irish and have always wanted to visit. How do you like living in Northern Ireland?
Marisa
Always know that there are good people in the world to pick you up when you fall down.

Chipmunk

Post by Chipmunk »

There are shoemakers who will send a cast for you to mold your foot, and you send it back to them in a box, and they make shoes for you for around $500 - $1000. I wear a 5 1/2 narrow, so I know what you mean when you can't find grown-up shoes in your size!
Tracy

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the WED/RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

justkeepwalkin82 - I love living in N.Ireland. During younger years I travelled and worked in various other countries, Libya, Barcelona, Brussells, London. Home is always home and no matter where you live it's still the basic things of life that operate the day to day pattern of food, cleaning, sort kids, Only thing we don't have here is lots of sunshine.
Betty