On a Trip

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

On a Trip

Post by Polar Bear »

Last Friday my husband and I went to the Edinburgh Military Tattoo. it was fabulous. Members of the forces from US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Tonga, Switzerland, and many other countries took part. Phenomenal !!

We booked the whole package as a coach tour from N. Ireland. Then I started to think......What have I done. ?........ Coach journey across Scotland, and to various sights, for 3 days.!!

What I did was to increase my meds which are requip and tramadol, and hope for the best. usually over 24 hours I take a total of 3.5mg requip and 150 mg tramadol. On my trip I was taking 4.5mg requip and 200 tramadol. Success..... for three days I barely had a symptom.

Back home I reverted to my usual dosage and there it was, symptoms back rumbling in the background. Just a bit of an increase had made such a difference.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

yeah Polar bear you were just along the road from me :P :P :P
last time I went to the tattoo I was three, a we while ago
glad you enjoyed it ....hope the weather was kind

hugs
shadow xxx
sleep is not only a dream

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi Moonlight, weather was dry, tho windy and cold.

http://www.drummerworld.com/watchlistdr ... Corps.html

This is a link to the Swiss Top Secret Drummers Corp. They are fabulous and appeared at the Tattoo. The video runs for about 5 minutes but it is worth watching it to the end.

Ooops, sorry if this is in the wrong forum.
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

It could be in either forum, because you talked about how you managed your RLS. I moved it, but left a copy there, too, so people can get to it either way.

It sounds like a great trip! And great job on managing the RLS.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Neco

Post by Neco »

I'm glad you got to at least enjoy your trip and the dosage plan worked out for you