suitable meds for cold/chest

Anything on your mind that isn't about RLS? It's nice to realize that there is life beyond this disease and have an opportunity to get to know our online family in a different context.
Polar Bear

suitable meds for cold/chest

Post by Polar Bear »

Hi everyone

I've got a sore throat like barbed wire, and cough, but no runny eyes or nose (as yet). What does anyone use for relief of symptoms that won't make the rls go mad.

Any colds that Ive had over the last couple of years I haven't used anything for relief as I understand the usual Lemsip etc. etc. is a no-no. and any general advice would be appreciated.

Thank you
Betty
https://www.mayoclinicproceedings.org/a ... 0/fulltext
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I've a post somewhere that lists what to use....let me see if I can find it.
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

ViewsAskew

Post by ViewsAskew »

I think what I'm remembering is Jumpy Owl's list that is here.

It tells you what to avoid, rather than what is OK.

See if that helps any...[/url]
Ann - Take what you need, leave the rest

Managing Your RLS

Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation, and are not medical advice.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thank you Ann
Betty
Opinions presented by Discussion Board Moderators are personal in nature and do not, in any way, represent the opinion of the RLS Foundation

Neco

Post by Neco »

They sell a lot of cold medicines right now that are just Dextromethorphan, although some give me nausea so I question what's really in it (i.e abuse prevention additives that make you puke) but in general anything with only Dextromethorphan should be OK. It's never bothered my RLS and I think a few other people have mentioned it positively as well.

Polar Bear

Post by Polar Bear »

Thanks, I'll have a look for this ingredient. Cos I usually just tolerate it all for the usual week or so.
Betty

moonlight

Post by moonlight »

Hi Polar bear....Ive taken Beechams all in one ..and it's been ok for me...don't know if it be ok for you
hope you feel better soon
huggles
moonlight xx
sleep is not only a dream